Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair with Neville sometimes, you know he's saying it in a kinda jokey way about City sometimes. He was very outspoken re FFP.

The Premier League champions are often mocked for their humble beginnings prior to their billionaire takeover in 2008, with Sheikh Mansour’s investment into the club having catapulted them into the elite of European football.

The jokes were not lost on former Manchester United defender Neville, whilst ex-Liverpool player Carragher also trolled the club as they took a pre-match walk through the club’s ground.

Brilliant footage has emerged of the pair from Neville’s Instagram account, brutally rinsing the club’s ‘Legends Lounge’.

“There’s no one in it!” Jamie Carragher says as he sees the room.

“Steve Lomas! Georgi Kinkladze!” replies Neville, as he names some famous names from City’s not so illustrious past.

Maybe when he see's the likes of Slabhead, Daniel James and Co in there dressing room it will make him hurt even more.

At the end of the day, he is now a sports reporter/"expert" in the media.

His football club preferences should be left at home, joke or no joke, the digs are unnecessary and very unprofessional.
I mostly agree with you, but I think a large part of football — especially in the context of the PL ultimately just being another form of entertainment, like film, theatre, etc. — is the banter and the humour.

So an obvious joking illusion to his base allegiances is not something that bothers me.

Micah has made jokes on occasion about not wanting United or Liverpool to do well in various situations, and I don’t think anyone would earnestly argue that it is an example of unprofessionalism.

We watch for the conflict and rivalry and infrequent reminders of it are — even if we like to say otherwise — what keeps us engaged. Your post above is another example of it.

Your posting about it in general supports my point. ;-)

Will be interesting which players we would sweeten any deal with.

Obviously Gundogan is totally off limits...........................possibly KDB. :-)

The Premier League champions are often mocked for their humble beginnings prior to their billionaire takeover in 2008, with Sheikh Mansour’s investment into the club having catapulted them into the elite of European football.

The jokes were not lost on former Manchester United defender Neville, whilst ex-Liverpool player Carragher also trolled the club as they took a pre-match walk through the club’s ground.

Brilliant footage has emerged of the pair from Neville’s Instagram account, brutally rinsing the club’s ‘Legends Lounge’.

“There’s no one in it!” Jamie Carragher says as he sees the room.

“Steve Lomas! Georgi Kinkladze!” replies Neville, as he names some famous names from City’s not so illustrious past.

Maybe when he see's the likes of Slabhead, Daniel James and Co in there dressing room it will make him hurt even more.
Why didnt he mention the other GOAT?gary-neville.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.