Kalidou Koulibaly

Age matters even less for centre backs if they keep their fitness levels. Thiago Silva is 35 and secured a 2 year contract at Chelsea. Koulibaly giving us 4 good years in his prime would be more than enough, worth the risk.
Thiago is on a ONE year contract

Completely agree, but there needs to be a limit. Fuck sakes, we’re reaching 80m. For that money you could get almost any CB in the world with quality and age on their side.

I’ve said since day 1 Koulibaly is the clubs most important signing in years, but that doesn’t mean pay an unlimited amount.
Then I’d rather sell Stones, Otamendi and then add 60-70m to pay Gimenez release clause instead.

I believe the club will go after Skriniar if this deal fails. He has age and he is quality, just not his best season. Marquinhos could be an option too.

Your saying you wouldnt pay unlimited money for Koulibaly but suggesting a more expensive option in Gimenez ?

Your saying you wouldnt pay unlimited money for Koulibaly but suggesting a more expensive option in Gimenez ?

Yes? Gimenez is 25. And he’s a great centreback. More than 73-75m for Koulibaly is just not worth it, given his age.

Quality cost money. If Kouliably was 25, it would have been 120m minimum.
I think 73m is really stretching it and I understand when the club says take it or leave it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if ADL is still looking for more, but then it’s better to walk away.

Were he a world class defender then I'd be in agreement but he isn't. 73 million euros is totally over and above his market value. De Laurentiis has fucked us over before with Jorghino and I'm surprised we're even trying to negotiate with him.

Were he a world class defender then I'd be in agreement but he isn't. 73 million euros is totally over and above his market value. De Laurentiis has fucked us over before with Jorghino and I'm surprised we're even trying to negotiate with him.

You’re saying Koulibaly isn’t world class?
I hope you’re joking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.