Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortest distance across the South Atlantic at that point. Unlike big airliners, his plane won't be approved for extended travel over water.
Could be wrong, but I thought planes travelled over water as much as they possibly can, if the unthinkable happens, then it's only casualties on board and none on the ground.

The fact he’s played in an era where we’re saturated with football makes it even more certain that he’s the best to ever play the game for me.

The only two possible challengers are Pelé and Maradona.

Both are remembered most fondly for brilliant World Cup performances. Pelé in 3 or 4 tournaments, Maradona in 3 or 4, only one of which he was brilliant in.

But who remembers Maradona’s seasons at Sevilla, or even Barcelona, or the later ones at Napoli when he was on the sniff? No one. He’s remembered for the one tournament that was televised worldwide.

Every game Messi plays is televised worldwide. And he’s been the best player in every season for the last decade, even more. Every week, every season, he’s doing it consistently and putting up goal and assists numbers that are just completely unprecedented.

And talking about weak leagues, Pelé played most of his career in regional leagues and the standard would have been nowhere near as high as European leagues now.

I really struggle to see any legitimate argument that he’s not the greatest of all time.
I definitely see an argument. When you say weak leagues, what are you saying that on? Why were European leagues a higher standard?

Could be wrong, but I thought planes travelled over water as much as they possibly can, if the unthinkable happens, then it's only casualties on board and none on the ground.
Precisely the opposite, fly as close to population as possible, then there'll always be an airport near enough to land in an emergency. Unless they are ETOPS approved (see my last post).

I want to be real, here in Barcelona we all think that an agreement has to be reached, everyone thinks that Messi has to negotiate his departure, so as not to lead to trials, it all depends on what Barcelona asks for
Barca can ask for what they want, if he is right and he is no longer a barca player than that is it, you are discussing his departure and not a sale to us, we are not going to give you anything unless fifa say we have to, you are losing him because you have an idiot in charge

Precisely the opposite, fly as close to population as possible, then there'll always be an airport near enough to land in an emergency. Unless they are ETOPS approved (see my last post).
And that ladies and gents, is why I don't do pub quizzes and this fella should! Cheers kid.

Just looking at how long that flight takes is winding me up, he must be so fucking bored!

Should have taken a commercial flight the fuel cost alone will be around £20000 for that trip. His son is being fined by the day!

Here is the problem with what you have said, i have taken the liberty to bold print it for you.

It makes no difference what all the supporters think, first off. Secondly, blanket statements such as that are rarely correct.

"We all", in effect, is your limited peer group and the bloke on the radio or television that has helped you form your opinion.

Just being "real" with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.