Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Suarez and his situation could be telling. Was he told he’d be going prior to the season actually ending or afterwards? To take on a fight they need to be 100% their I’s are dotted and T’s crossed correctly but I suspect t not if they had no idea what was actually written in Messi’s contract. They got cocky and too confident he’d never leave so added the clause thinking it’d never be exercised... it’s now bitten them on the arse.
Unfortunately Suarez and Rakitic are/were still under contract. Would be interesting to see if anybody else was released at the end of their contract though and when that happened

Well written response which makes sense.
The only bit I struggle with is why Messi and his family are going into negotiations with a man Messi mistrusts and has little respect for. I understand that he wants to leave amicably but I dont think this will be possible with the current president. if he was absolutely certain that he had the legal ground why not put an ad in the papers to thank the fans and move on to pastures blue and tell the president to f@#k off?

Probably more for PR reasons to keep his brand in tact? Or his love of Barcelona as a club maybe? Also maybe he knows City will get bad press which could reflect negatively on him and his brand so a smooth transition could help in that. Yes their president isn’t goi g to roll over but all Messi can do is at least try so he can say to the fans “look I tried to leave amicably but the mans a fool”. I’m guessing of course but would be the on,y reasons I see him making an effort.

I don't like no noise, I have a shit feeling about this
I know it's the best player on the planet & time is needed but I just want some positive news & I just have a shit pain telling me Barca have the upper hand with his contract or City have to pay way to much
I hope I'm wrong & Messi sticks to his guns, my nails are bitten & my head is battered
The bonnet flipped up and the windscreen shattered.

I've seen it tonight ( that says whilst Bartomeu could start legal proceedings it could take a year and come march the next president could probably then pull any legal proceedings and also a vote of no confidence has already started against Bartomeu so he might be gone before March not that it would change anything,

Probably more for PR reasons to keep his brand in tact? Or his love of Barcelona as a club maybe? Also maybe he knows City will get bad press which could reflect negatively on him and his brand so a smooth transition could help in that. Yes their president isn’t goi g to roll over but all Messi can do is at least try so he can say to the fans “look I tried to leave amicably but the mans a fool”. I’m guessing of course but would be the on,y reasons I see him making an effort.

I hope so. If that is the case and I was Messi I would put a definite time limit on the negotiations. I suspect if talks are still going on by the weekend there is something in the contract that is a legal obstacle to him simply walking away with his dignity intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.