Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well written response which makes sense.
The only bit I struggle with is why Messi and his family are going into negotiations with a man Messi mistrusts and has little respect for. I understand that he wants to leave amicably but I dont think this will be possible with the current president. if he was absolutely certain that he had the legal ground why not put an ad in the papers to thank the fans and move on to pastures blue and tell the president to f@#k off?

Before any litigation, the court insist that a resolution should be attempted beforehand.
If this cannot be achieved, then the courts have to be satisfied that they are the last resort.
Arbitration is often suggested first.
Also, the matter of image rights and other small details also have to be terminated.
These meetings are only trying to avoid an impasse. I suspect they are too far apart to avoid a legal path.
Image and fan power may be enough for Barca to see sense.....oh maybe not!

Hey folks,

Just wanted to clear the air because I know many are getting upset at the notion that I’m just a simple Barca fan in sheep’s clothing.

I’m not in Spain but I’m from Spain and have been a Barcelona fan since 92. Having said that I love Pep Guardiola and have since adopted a supportive stance with Manchester City.

I’ve been waiting to join the forum for quite some time and almost did over the last few Champions league seasons. I figured there would be no better time so that I could share/translate all of the news of the Messi case coming from Spain.

I didn’t wish to annoy or come off as argumentative with anybody but in an attempt to argue the information from a Barca camp I’ve done so.

Many of us are all over the place it seams because the news is mixed and most of it is leaked from both camps.

If Messi arrives at City then you can bet your bottom dollar, Barcelona fans will wish him the best as we have done with Guardiola.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to clear the air because I know many are getting upset at the notion that I’m just a simple Barca fan in sheep’s clothing.

I’m not in Spain but I’m from Spain and have been a Barcelona fan since 92. Having said that I love Pep Guardiola and have since adopted a supportive stance with Manchester City.

I’ve been waiting to join the forum for quite some time and almost did over the last few Champions league seasons. I figured there would be no better time so that I could share/translate all of the news of the Messi case coming from Spain.

I didn’t wish to annoy or come off as argumentative with anybody but in an attempt to argue the information from a Barca camp I’ve done so.

Many of us are all over the place it seams because the news is mixed and most of it is leaked from both camps.

If Messi arrives at City then you can bet your bottom dollar, Barcelona fans will wish him the best as we have done with Guardiola.

I think most people appreciate having your perspective and that of FCBarcelona. Unfortunately you also have to accept your are in a very biased space on the internet - it is explicitly a City fan forum - so some people might get frustrated and take a pop at you. It comes with the territory but don't take it too personally.

I think most people appreciate having your perspective and that of FCBarcelona. Unfortunately you also have to accept your are in a very biased space on the internet - it is explicitly a City fan forum - so some people might get frustrated and take a pop at you. It comes with the territory but don't take it too personally.

Biased? I’m still of the Swales mentality and keep convincing myself we’ll fuck it up... Have to keep reading my own post from earlier ;0)

Hey folks,

Rag

Anyone fancies a one-year loan? Him extending and playing one year for City under Pep. He'll have the change of scenery and City can also say the very best played for them. Meanwhile Barto is voted out and Koeman is given the boot. Messi can return, break Pele's record and retire at Barca which should be appropriate for his legacy. Barca can also go for the Neymar operation in 2021, fulfilling Messi's wish to play with him again.

thats n
Answer: because the contract has a clear intent in regard the date at which the 'leave for free' clause must be exercised.

'Bart' states the date has passed.

Messi says the date had not passed, as FIFA'S contractual adjustment rules, due to COVID, result in the clause not expiring until after the CL final.

FIFA have not ruled on the issue. Not sure what's required to get them to rule.

La Liga have sided with 'Bart'.

FIFA sent out a memorandum regarding the extension of “ certain contracts “ under some circumstances.

I.E. players like Banega with Sevilla who’s contract had expired and was allowed to play with Sevilla in the Europa league final.

Other players under similar circumstances did not do so, like for example Timo Werner who did not play with Leipzig in the champions league after his contract ended.

The only thing we know for certain based on Barcelona’s account and verified by La Liga, is that the contract reads June 10. Any else is based on assumption and or interpretation.

Many are left scratching their heads as to why Bartomeu would offer Messi a 2 year renewal. It seems ridiculous y any stretch, until I learned yesterday that Leo and Barcelona had already negotiated extension for those two years prior to Messi’s desire to leave and Messi had almost signed it less than two months ago, according to Bartomeu.

That date places us well after the June 10 date on the contract and Messi in court could have a tough time explaining his stance if this is true. How are you now wishing avail yourself of the end of the season interpretation, if you negotiated after that June 10 date ?.

I don’t know who to believe anymore.

On a side note, as much as I love Barca Messi looks slick as fuck in the city jersey on the mockup pictures. I would love for him to win another champions league and shit the fmn mouth of those who talk shit about Pep’s methods.

Hey folks,

thats n

FIFA sent out a memorandum regarding the extension of “ certain contracts “ under some circumstances.

I.E. players like Banega with Sevilla who’s contract had expired and was allowed to play with Sevilla in the Europa league final.

Other players under similar circumstances did not do so, like for example Timo Werner who did not play with Leipzig in the champions league after his contract ended.

The only thing we know for certain based on Barcelona’s account and verified by La Liga, is that the contract reads June 10. Any else is based on assumption and or interpretation.

Many are left scratching their heads as to why Bartomeu would offer Messi a 2 year renewal. It seems ridiculous y any stretch, until I learned yesterday that Leo and Barcelona had already negotiated extension for those two years prior to Messi’s desire to leave and Messi had almost signed it less than two months ago, according to Bartomeu.

That date places us well after the June 10 date on the contract and Messi in court could have a tough time explaining his stance if this is true. How are you now wishing avail yourself of the end of the season interpretation, if you negotiated after that June 10 date ?.

I don’t know who to believe anymore.

On a side note, as much as I love Barca Messi looks slick as fuck in the city jersey on the mockup pictures. I would love for him to win another champions league and shit the fmn mouth of those who talk shit about Pep’s methods.

I’ll address the highlighted bits in order of 1, 2 and 3.

1) Do we, do we know for certain? Because the contract segment leaked by the Messi camp yesterday clearly states “End of season” with no dates. You can’t claim one piece is true and dismiss the possibility the other is. So actually you are basing your own opinion on assumption not fact as none of us truly know how it’s worded. But FIFA’s directive doesn’t say in certain circumstances either, it clearly states ALL contracts due to end or start should be extended to the new end dates... Key word being should, as it wasn’t an order it was a suggestion. However, how did Barça handle Suarez, did they tell him his services were no longer needed at the end of what they perceive was the season end or the actual season end? Because if the latter they cannot then mix it up, it was either as FIFA directed or it wasn’t.

2) Really? Because Messi’s camp said they told the club he had the intention to leave back in March. They were aware he wanted out but stupidly and in a cocky manner assumed they’d turn him around... That’s now backfired drastically. Regardless, it’s irrelevant if a deal was on the table or if he “nearly” signed it, because he didn’t sign it so it’s a null n void point in reality.

3) I think you are wrong, with the FIFA directive they can’t go against their own opinion in court and would have to state they believed that in the interest of the sport an extension was the correct course of action. FIFA would inadvertently become a key witness for Messi. But again the leaked contract (I’ll reiterate it was written by the law firm who Barça appointed and who now represent Messi directly. You’d think they’d know before letting their client make the claim and you’d think City’s legal team who took on UEFA and won would of looked at it too) states “End of the season”. But answer me this.. The contract was signed 4 years ago with the seasons starting at different dates and finishing at different dates each year. Are you suggesting that Barça stated the exact dates of each seasons end in advance in to Messi’s contract? The same contract, as mentioned his legal team who have advised him, wrote? How does that make ANY sense?

I get you say you’re a city fan too but it’s clear you’re predominantly a Barça fan mostly as your view is very blinkered in this. Your president isn’t renowned for his honesty or integrity nor are the bosses in La Liga who publicly hate City. Also on a side note, read La Liga’s statement again, it’s very ambiguous to say the least and has been very cleverly worded to sound like Barça have their full support but enough rope in it to distance themselves. But their opinion only counts in Spain anyway, no court or other league will pay them any attention and they know it.

The statement by La Liga is problematic for City and Messi because for Messi to be transferred internationally he needs an international transfer certificate from the Spanish FA.

Under FIFA's regulations on the status and transfer of players FIFA's Players Status Committee can adjudicate on disputes such as these. Possibly Jorge Messi is investigating this? Favourable guidance could de-risk a transfer and pave the way for a free transfer. See what you think.

Reference: FIFA Regs on the transfer of players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.