Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed something but I understand that if he stays he will sign a two year contract extension. If so no free next year.
Time now to concentrate firmly on what may prove to be a difficult task of regaining the league title without the magic little man.
I have not seen any media saying Messi has agreed to sign a renewal. Just that Bartomeu is blocking his exit this year. The 2 year offer is just Bartomeu pipe dream at this point.

No, I don't think Jorge would intentionally mislead. The pendular power struggle looks to have tilted once again back to Bartomeu

I am disappointed that Barto will want to force the player to stay, against his will. Not sure how this is good for anyone apart from Barto

What a mess
I do wonder whether he has offered something to Messi that he can't refuse, so maybe it's not so much against his will..

If he's deciding to stay, then he's i can't see him ever leaving. The presidential elections are in March next year, the next president will give him the key to the city and everything in between to stay. He'll be pretty much 34 by then.

Barca are in deep shit with finances, that's the reason they've let Rakitic go for fuck all and Vidal is also on his way out. Talk of Suarez going on a free just to get him off the wage books pretty much shows that. If you look at their squad for next season, Barcelona are in deep shit with or without Messi.

Why would he want to stay and play in such a shit side?

This latest "I'm staying" bollocks just doesnt sound right imo.

Barto is going to be in front of a judge very soon for tax fraud claims in the Neymar deal, he's a dodgy fucker.
And Bartomeu initially became president after Rosell got indicted for Neymar transfer.

He can hope his associate can get elected after his term to keep the dodgy business floating.

Maybe he's been offered something more than football? Maybe he never wanted to leave in the first place, and it was just a show to get Barto to do something, and now he's doing whatever that something is? FUCK KNOWS with these clowns.

If he's deciding to stay, then he's i can't see him ever leaving. The presidential elections are in March next year, the next president will give him the key to the city and everything in between to stay. He'll be pretty much 34 by then.

Barca are in deep shit with finances, that's the reason they've let Rakitic go for fuck all and Vidal is also on his way out. Talk of Suarez going on a free just to get him off the wage books pretty much shows that. If you look at their squad for next season, Barcelona are in deep shit with or without Messi.
They have over 200m pounds higher revenue than us. They are paying out crazy amount of wages (over 100m pounds more than anybody else) but they are not in deep shit.

Source: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1301048098140106752.html

Obviously these numbers are pre-covid but with that revenue there is always flexibility.

I concur with you. If he’s prepared to play for a crap team then enjoy that and never coming close to a champions league final or a ballon d’or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.