Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right...

The Catalan giants were alleged to have hired social media company I3 Ventures on a million-euro contract to create fake social media accounts to discredit people and players critical of Josep Maria Bartomeu and the rest of the Barcelona board. Messi was a victim of this, as well as Gerard Pique.
I don’t know anything about the intricacies of Spanish employment law but over here I’m pretty certain that would be a breach of contractual duty of care and would allow an employee to terminate with immediate effect

Had a, shall we say, rather interesting exchange with someone on Twitter earlier who reckons a lot of the financial mess (pardon the pun) at Barcelona is Messi’s doing as he effectively runs the club and if you’re a player there who happens to be a mate of his then you’re quids in salary-wise. He literally claims Messi has all the power at the club as Bartomeu ceded it to him. I called bollocks because although I’ve no doubt he has a fair bit of influence there, there’s no way I can see any footballer - no matter how good - having such a sway at a club so big. A couple of snippets here and I’d be interested to hear what the likes of @FCBarca think of what this guy is saying:

I think the blackmail accusations are plainly false. The meeting yesterday was strictly between the two sides and their lawyers - neither side would have any interest in leaking this either...

Barca would also be finished as a club, and lose all interest from future signings, if it was found to be gathering and using blackmail materials on its star players. Think it would be suicidal

Ordinarily I would agree but the board of Bartomeu & Rosell have been more shady than shrewd

Confidentiality clauses at this high a level might explain why so little has been discussed publicly thus far. I am increasingly convinced Messi has lost all leverage over a series of events he set off from a position of power. A u-turn like that despite the potentially litigious legal route that loomed ahead would never happen so quickly unless there was an ace in the hole from Bartomeu

I cannot believe the legal headaches alone would kill the incentive knowing the way Bartomeu is - would be incredibly naive.

Ordinarily I would agree but the board of Bartomeu & Rosell have been more shady than shrewd

Confidentiality clauses at this high a level might explain why so little has been discussed publicly thus far. I am increasingly convinced Messi has lost all leverage over a series of events he set off from a position of power. A u-turn like that despite the potentially litigious legal route that loomed ahead would never happen so quickly unless there was an ace in the hole from Bartomeu

I cannot believe the legal headaches alone would kill the incentive knowing the way Bartomeu is - would be incredibly naive.
Do those 2 still face prosecution on the Neymar tax evasion fiddle or whatever it was, sorry not well up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.