It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole situation is bizarre. What do Barca gain from this?

If Messi had just penned a new deal after this I could understand the despair, but he’s clearly saying he wants out and can’t leave. This is like if we’d refused to let Sane go, kept him at the club unhappy all of next season and walks for free next summer - doesn’t work out for any party involved.

Feel like this isn’t over yet somehow.
A load of happy fans because they keep their best player and the president can say he's showed that the club is bigger than a player and if you sign a contract, you stick to it.
He's made himself look like a weak, moaning millionaire footballer and the president has shown leadership and won the day. He can moan all he wants about them losing matches, but that can come right back at him and his mates in the team who've done the fans over by rolling over in various away fixtures.
For an unpopular president, I'd say he's pulled a blinder so far and is the only one coming out of this with any claim of credit (his detractors will complain whatever he did). And whilst City have publicly said nothing, there will be plenty of laughter amongst the old boys network at the moment and possibly some uncomfortable discussions in Abu Dhabi if we've been roped into this.

Am I the only one who thinks this interview is a positive for us?
He’s just told the world from the horses mouth that the club is a shit show, the president is a **** and he wants to leave.

i predict another 3 weeks of Messi this Messi that and then a serious offer from City, towards 100m and Garcia
Think It’s possible he’s made that move to stay we’ll make an offer and give Barcelona a decision to make keep an unhappy player and lose him for nothing or take 1000 mill now. He’s put the ball firmly in their court.
Think there’s more to play out yet.

Barca get to throw those quotes back in his face and make him the bad guy for wanting out if a big bid from City lands on their table on the last day of the transfer window...

I can't believe people think this is over.

“I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed to leave in any way, and I will STAY at the club so that I do not get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster"

"I told to the club, to the president in particular, that I wanted to leave. They know this since the start of the past season. I told them during all last 12 months. But I will stay here because I don't want to start a legal war".

--

>"The truth is that there is no project at this club. They just plug holes as and when things happen. I would never go for a war against the club of my life. That's why I'm staying".

I think that’s fair fucks.

now if Barça need to sell to raise funds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.