Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing in that interview I was surprised at was that despite his youngest crying his eyes out and saying he doesn’t want to leave Barcelona, he was still fine with it! Maybe it’s just me, but it would break me and I wouldn’t be able to put him through it. Perhaps that is a sign as to just how bad it is at Barca, that despite the family heartache, he still felt he had to do it.

He has come out and said he wants out and the only reason he’s staying is under what is in effect house arrest. Not sure why people are slagging him off, he wants out he isn’t signing a new deal you get the feeling this isn’t finished for us whether that’s this transfer window or more likely Jan.
I totally disagree. To me this now feels like a power play. Kick off this summer, ensure Bartomeu leaves and sign a new deal March time under the new president.

you never get fooled and they say once bitten twice shy and city should walk away right now
messi just bottled it and if barca can lay down the law and messi jumps then sorry messi is not a man we all first thought ? messi is finished as a player that can change a game of football week in week out and does manchester city need that sort of player at them prices we was offering him in wages

Listen, I was always a heart-says-yes, head-says-no guy on this and decided at the beginning that until I saw him in sky blue I wouldn't get my hopes (or worries) up. So I'm fine with this.

I just figure since everyone else thinks we'll be in the bidding war, whether in January (fee + wage) or next summer (wage only, plus what I'm sure will be a ridiculous signing bonus and/or other perks), we should be there, whether we have an intent or not (and I think we won't have an intent, nor should we after this). But why not feign interest and make someone else pay through the nose?

But I'd figure he's coming to the Happy Acres Retirement Home of football in a few years (i.e. my country) and then NYCFC might be an attractive option and great for that club and by extension the CFG brand group.

So don't burn any bridges.

I may have missed this but can’t a player in the final year of his contract buy himself out of it for a fee equal to the year’s salary?

i may have dreamt this

Well not surprised really. Shame it didnt workout but now we need to move fast and get the cb sorted, possibly an upgrade on gundogan and definately a new striker

Do we go for messi in Jan for him to rock up next summer - i am not so sure

To me it was now or never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.