It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone would call Torres a squad player other than because he cost £20m.

This is Spain's most talented u21 player, he is a youth prospect on the level of Foden, at least as good as Sané was when he joined. A player Spain's big 2 would have loved to sign, but Silva & Pep got us to the front of the queue.

Oh but because we took Valencia to the cleaners as he ran his contract down, he's just a squad player...
Foden was only a squad player until the League was over. Maybe that’s why.

Yeah saw that too. It’s how I hoped Sterling and Sané would play a couple of years ago but I don’t know, Pep seem to prefer crosses rather than being able to cut inside to your strong foot.

Would love to see
Ferran - Agüero - Bernardo/Mahrez

But we are more likely to see
Sterling - Agüero - Ferran
I think Sterling might just have done enough to claim a place in our first choice front 3...

Yeah saw that too. It’s how I hoped Sterling and Sané would play a couple of years ago but I don’t know, Pep seem to prefer crosses rather than being able to cut inside to your strong foot.

Would love to see
Ferran - Agüero - Bernardo/Mahrez

But we are more likely to see
Sterling - Agüero - Ferran
Torres and Sterling would switch constantly and as they are both right footed there would always be one cutting in onto their stronger foot.

I don't know why anyone would call Torres a squad player other than because he cost £20m.

This is Spain's most talented u21 player, he is a youth prospect on the level of Foden, at least as good as Sané was when he joined. A player Spain's big 2 would have loved to sign, but Silva & Pep got us to the front of the queue.

Oh but because we took Valencia to the cleaners as he ran his contract down, he's just a squad player...

I think both Torres and Ake might just surprise a few people with how much they play, and how we will look a stronger team with them playing.

Both are physically strong and have great pace, Ake especially will have the belief that he can be a first team regular - it’s whether Mendy responds and ups his game to really become first choice.

Sometimes the less ‘exciting’ transfers turn out to give the greatest return.

Sounds like our transfer business is concluded.

Messi has decided to stay at Barca and no doubt will pop his dummy back in as soon as they go on a winning spree under Koeman.

ADL wants 300 million euros, the hope diamond and a reach around for KK which is never going to happen, and we don't seem to have any alternatives at all.

Not even a whiff of a link to any LBs or DMs.

Not managed to shift any of our dead wood, and nothing seemingly in the pipeline either.

Frankly a pretty underwhelming summer with pretty much the same glaring holes in our squad as at the start.

Sounds like our transfer business is concluded.

Messi has decided to stay at Barca and no doubt will pop his dummy back in as soon as they go on a winning spree under Koeman.

ADL wants 300 million euros, the hope diamond and a reach around for KK which is never going to happen, and we don't seem to have any alternatives at all.

Not even a whiff of a link to any LBs or DMs.

Not managed to shift any of our dead wood, and nothing seemingly in the pipeline either.

Frankly a pretty underwhelming summer with pretty much the same glaring holes in our squad as at the start.
The transfer window is open for another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.