Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the premier league which is why he will be sold, I would be shocked if we just let him leave on a free.
It's crazy if we let him run down his contract and walk for free. If he has not intention of signing that contract, he has to go this summer for a fee.
If the Messi deal is still a possibility I presume he would be part of it, maybe that's why Pep is saying he wants him to stay regardless of contract.

I disagree with your assessment. Garcia Has performed ok but we need better than ok if we are going to win the league again. He is slow and his physical attributes are lacking. I go back to the same straight forward question? Is he good enough to start at cb for city? No

I disagree with your assessment. Garcia Has performed ok but we need better than ok if we are going to win the league again. He is slow and his physical attributes are lacking. I go back to the same straight forward question? Is he good enough to start at cb for city? No
Pep seems to disagree.

Pep seems to disagree.

Why did he buy Ake and is chasing Kk?

It would not surprise me if Pep is playing games with Barca re Garcia.

The lad is not good enough to start so I can’t see what all the fuss is about. Pep has got a few things wrong recently in the defence department, notable playing Fern at cb all season when it was clear to everyone that we lost a great dm due to age and we got an ok cb in return.

Last season was Garcia’s chance to cement his place and he only played 3-4 games.

More suited to a defensive mid in my opinion.

It's crazy if we let him run down his contract and walk for free. If he has not intention of signing that contract, he has to go this summer for a fee.
If the Messi deal is still a possibility I presume he would be part of it, maybe that's why Pep is saying he wants him to stay regardless of contract.

There's quite a lot of value to keeping him. Firstly, Pep thinks he's better than Stones and (opinions on here since he asked to leave being irrelevant) it's good to keep players the managers like. Especially when that manager is Pep.

Secondly, what are the odds he changes his mind again and signs a new deal? 50/50? 2/1? 4/1? There's an implied value there. If there's a 50/50 chance you can get a €50m CB prospect to sign a new deal if he stays around, you don't sell him off for €10-15m.

I think people's hatred is clouding their judgement.
From what I've seen he's a very calm defender under pressure unlike Stones and Otamendi and even the saintly Laporte.

He also moves the ball forward quickly and accurately. He will be very good for Barca. His lack of physical presence probably suits La Liga better.

And as he wants to leave I'd get rid of him now. But the idea that he's no good is frankly infantile.

It's the 'defender' bit which is controversial.

He's very calm failing to defend under pressure though. Never panics as players disappear away from him etc

Pep rates Garcia above Stones and Garcia himself a few weeks ago said he has one more year at the club. I hope he stays. Excellent 4th choice. Cash in on Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.