Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.

The Stones v Garcia situation is interesting in that they take up different spots in the squad as Stones is association trained, Garcia is club trained. I’d think that Tosin and Harwood Bellis will be looked at closely as they are both club trained rather than Stones.

I’d still be surprised if Stones stays. The Euros are next summer and as it stands he’ll be behind Fernandinho and whichever centre backs signs so staying put could hinder his chances with England. He’s also got serious questions over his physical and mental stamina.

How? He just got benched by a 19 year old. Who could we possibly be bidding against trying to resign John Stones?

We would be bidding against time, one which means Stones will be worth £20m less this time next year if he enters his final year.

He is on big wages, if he knows City don't rate him and no other club would be interested, as you state, he's in a position of strength to let us sweat now in light of Garcia decision.

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner

Garcia wont like being stuck on the bench for a year - thats what i would do - he may then apply pressure to Barca to pay up and reach an agreement somewhere between the two valuations.

This si what we as a club should do straight away...Garica wont like being on the bench for a year a his peers progress around him and at other clubs

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.
That's disappointing if he's agreed a deal and then gone back on it, that does bring his integrity into question. If that's true and we've got no reason not to believe so coming from your good self, then I wouldn't play him either.

Reactions: CC1
This one and Maldeika, Barce and Bayern, arrogant twats the pair of them. They represent their cunnting club’s perfectly

they haven’t grasped the extent of City’s growth & power. Also haven’t realised how much their clubs are - or soon will be - floundering in a new financial era.

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
Football is an extremely emotional and passionate game, where people tend to love their clubs. To then have persistent lectures from a “fan” of another club, in an arrogant and patronising manner, on our club’s forum, is fucking irritating enough, but when that poster is a Barcelona “fan” from fucking Berne, you plastic twat, just fuck right off. I am utterly sick and tired of you

they haven’t grasped the extent of City’s growth & power. Also haven’t realised how much their clubs are - or soon will be - floundering in a new financial era.
It doesn’t stop the ****s lecturing City fans in a City forum. Did you know this Barcelona “fanboy” is actually from fucking Switzerland?

Reactions: CC1
Garcia wont like being stuck on the bench for a year - thats what i would do - he may then apply pressure to Barca to pay up and reach an agreement somewhere between the two valuations.

This si what we as a club should do straight away...Garica wont like being on the bench for a year a his peers progress around him and at other clubs

As long as the bench is at the Academy Stadium, I'd be fine with that.

Garcia has done OK in the games he's featured in. I can't say when I've watched him that I've thought he'd be a first choice centre back for us for years to come, but he's definitely got potential.

I get the lure of Barca for him and understand why he wants to go back. Time will tell if its a good move or not, but good luck to him.

I'd have no problem with him staying, if he's not lost his marbles.

But there lies the question.

He's had plenty off the field to distract him, from his break up, to trying to get his house back, bringing up someone else's kid - allegedly Ashley Young's if you believe that sort of chatter, in addition to never staying fit long enough.

For me, Stones is still the most ideally suited player/back up when he is fit and focused.

We don't know where his head is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.