#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a fit and focused Bernardo this season. If he can get back to his A game then our midfield will be a lot stronger.

We need a fit and focused Bernardo this season. If he can get back to his A game then our midfield will be a lot stronger.
Agreed, was well off the standards he set in 18/19. He's a game changer when on it and one of the loveliest footballers in the PL.

We all have our own opinions about football. For me the first three names on the City team sheet would be KDB, Bernardo and Foden. I will never forget Bernardo's performance against Liverpool when we beat them 2-1 on route to the title in 2019. He played central midfield that night and he was immense. Pep rewarded him in the next game at Newcastle by dropping him and we lost. Happily we didn't drop another point after that night and we managed to pip Liverpool to the title. I love Pep but I can't understand why he never gives Bernardo more game time in central midfield.

We all have our own opinions about football. For me the first three names on the City team sheet would be KDB, Bernardo and Foden. I will never forget Bernardo's performance against Liverpool when we beat them 2-1 on route to the title in 2019. He played central midfield that night and he was immense. Pep rewarded him in the next game at Newcastle by dropping him and we lost. Happily we didn't drop another point after that night and we managed to pip Liverpool to the title. I love Pep but I can't understand why he never gives Bernardo more game time in central midfield.

except he didn’t drop him in the next game. He played against wolves and came on as a sub against Huddersfield

except he didn’t drop him in the next game. He played against wolves and came on as a sub against Huddersfield

So not only did he not drop him, we won both of those games.

Also after starting on the bench for Newcastle, he played 90mins in 6 of the next 7 matches (all wins with him on the wing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.