Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’ve found is that there is very little loyalty in the woman’s games as rivalries aren’t as intense and full of hatred. The rags are pretty irrelevant as they’ve never competed whereas we competed from the beginning, Jane Ross plays for the rags now, is she booed or branded a traitor by fans?

Not sure this is a fair comparison really. Jane Ross left City at the end of her contract and went to west ham. Given that's a clear step down I imagine it's quite likely City didn't do much to keep her. Would be a bit unfair to label her a traitor if United have offered her the opportunity to be part of something further down the line. Don't forget the average salary in the WSL is £27k. That's below the average UK salary. Given their careers are over by the time they hit mid 30s I think it's a bit harsh to expect too much loyalty on those kind of wages. In their situation they absolutely have to follow the money. It's not really the same as a male footballer on £200k a week leaving for a rival club for a bit of extra money. Long term financial security has to be at the forefront for the women given the money they earn.

Greenwood's interesting but unspectacular. She's a good left back but I don't think she's discernibly better than Stokes. Better at defending, a little worse at attacking. She's a strong personality and at the very worst she'll be great for depth so I'm happy with it.

Not sure this is a fair comparison really. Jane Ross left City at the end of her contract and went to west ham. Given that's a clear step down I imagine it's quite likely City didn't do much to keep her. Would be a bit unfair to label her a traitor if United have offered her the opportunity to be part of something further down the line. Don't forget the average salary in the WSL is £27k. That's below the average UK salary. Given their careers are over by the time they hit mid 30s I think it's a bit harsh to expect too much loyalty on those kind of wages. In their situation they absolutely have to follow the money. It's not really the same as a male footballer on £200k a week leaving for a rival club for a bit of extra money. Long term financial security has to be at the forefront for the women given the money they earn.

Good point and many of the WSL contracts are just for one season... so no expectation of loyalty on either side.

Our summer signings have been immense, I’d expect to see a serious challenge in all competitions with this potential line up:

——————————-Roebuck——————————
Bronze——Houghton—-Bonner—-Greenwood
———————————Walsh———————————
——————Mewis——————-Lavelle—————-
Kelly————————White————————Hemp

Not even mentioning the likes of Stanway, Scott, Weir, Stokes, and others who are also great players and will have a major role to play. I’m expecting this squad to deliver big things.

just read through the threads having watched the two recent games..The only word I can say about the performances were DREADFUL ! Posters are suggesting it may take time for GDs coaching to be understood..But how much time? I am not inspired by him one bit and neither will the girls be i suspect..However City throughout all teams and countries etc..play a certain way, so the coaching should be similar... its just the 'inspiration' that changes..(And i use that word lightly when talking about GD)...The two games have shown us as looking like we are 'held back' by playing a certain way the new coach wants us too.The 2 games cried out for releasing us from this restriction. Like a jockey does..then we he lets the filly loose..watch her go...No negatives please its just my opinion..

Firstly, Who or what is GD?

Secondly, the ladies have played Cushing's football for years and it'll take a little time to trust Taylor's football. He's only been in a few month and a lot of that has been in a pandemic.

I will say, already, there's less side-to-side football, which is always a plus, and White is, seemingly, a false nine at the top of the midfield, which already widens the options for her to slot in a pass to an overlap or for her to shoot.

These are positives, so I'm really not sure what you're watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.