Phil Foden to leave England camp

It's interesting the mixed views on this. Some say, young lad, mistake, end of story.
Others feel very agrieved by what Phil did.
I can imagine he's in a pretty shitty and embarassing place right now, with his family, his teammates and his partners family.
I can't imagine what it's like to fuck up like this and it makes headlines all over the world.

He's 20 and should know better.
I was a skilled man at 20 having completed an apprenticeship.
He's not a "lad" anymore.
It was his first senior call up and he's tried to deceive his manager and risked infecting the squad.

Anyway all we can only hope he gets over all this and doesn't become another Mario.
I'd like to see him using this embarrassment to make him even better on the pitch.
He's an incredible talent.

Fine post.

I'm sure that these incidents have occurred on other international trips at all age levels but have been kept quiet. They had obviously heard the rumors and stories from other "players" and decided to give it a go but in their naivety totally screwed up.

Tiger was the maestro at this by booking adjoining rooms but even he was eventually found out. They think with the wrong head.

I'd like to say lads will be lads but I think that is a shite excuse tbh. At his age, I lived in my own rented apartment with my Girlfriend, had just finished an apprenticeship and still managed to go out on a weekend and get pissed up with my mates and not try to shag anything that moved. It's about morals at the end of the day, fuck all to do with money and fame etc.

Will still support him as a player and hope he does well for us and himself but he certainly isn't a 'man' because of this, he's fucked up and will have to grow up pretty quick as it will be a stick to beat him with by everyone now.

Of course age is a mitigating factor, expecting a 20 year old kid to not make a mistake when he is surrounded by temptation is a high bar.

I don't know about you but at 20 years of age I fucked up plenty, an had a few years more fucking up in front of me.

Older, smarter and people with far more to lose have made the same mistakes as a two bored young lads in a hotel room.
I'm not on about fucking up.

I'm on about cheating on a partner when having a child with them.

At 20 I had a child and was in a long term relationship, I didn't choose to cheat and I think it's a shit thing to do.

Just because others have done it who were older means jack.

Fuck England .. At least Phil disgraced himself doing what full blooded teenagers do, instead of selling his soul For a pizza advert for letting the team down on the pitch like Sourhall and the like did...!!!

20 the new nineteen.
I love that term of phrase." Full blooded teenagers".
Pussies stay loyal to their childs mothers, especially on Tour.
Great post!

I'd like to say lads will be lads but I think that is a shite excuse tbh. At his age, I lived in my own rented apartment with my Girlfriend, had just finished an apprenticeship and still managed to go out on a weekend and get pissed up with my mates and not try to shag anything that moved. It's about morals at the end of the day, fuck all to do with money and fame etc.

Will still support him as a player and hope he does well for us and himself but he certainly isn't a 'man' because of this, he's fucked up and will have to grow up pretty quick as it will be a stick to beat him with by everyone now.
Not to judge your ability to reel in women, but I would be pretty amazed if it was as easy for you as it is for little Phil. Being a 20 year old who can message pretty much any 10/10 girl wherever he goes and have them buy you whatever candy you want and then spend the night is a luxury I don't think any of us enjoyed, so hard to say I wouldn't do the same. I was also living in my own place at 20, doesn't mean I didn't do anything stupid either. It would have been hard to hold up a relationship if I was in the same position as these guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.