Jose Gimenez

If the various Twitter feeds are to be believed (I know!) then we're offering €89m for Giminez but won't pay €70m for Koulibaly? All seems a bit unlikely to me.

Why? Gimenez is 25, Koulibaly is 29. They are both top defenders

the kid loves a sliding tackle!! another otomendi!! #nope

Have you seen Koulibalys slidetackles?
They are fucking fantastic. I’m sure this guy also knows how to time them. Since when is a slide tackle a bad thing?

KK's pace will likely to go first
Spending 90 on a player approaching his 30s quickly wouldn’t be my first choice. I’d be happy we got him but if I was given a choice between the two I’d pick Gimenez easily

Not sure we will be paying £90 M for someone who misses half the season ... with the number of games and the frequency of them in a condensed season.. nah I would be shocked.

They are fucking fantastic. I’m sure this guy also knows how to time them. Since when is a slide tackle a bad thing?
See Otamendi, a good player until he decides to go to ground. Should be a last resort.

A slide tackle means you haven't anticipated the interception and are making up for poor positioning and making a mistake.

I jest of course but ideally I don't want another CB like Otamendi who's first thought is to do a slide tackle!

A slide tackle means you haven't anticipated the interception and are making up for poor positioning and making a mistake.

I jest of course but ideally I don't want another CB like Otamendi who's first thought is to do a slide tackle!

By your logic Koulibaly would be the worst defender in the world.

In some situations, you have to slide tackle to make up for the distance caused by an attacker coming at you full speed, like Mbappe trying to run past Koulibaly. It’s impossible to always position yourself right. Gimenez seems to know when to stand up and when to slide.

I remember Vinnie being labelled injury-prone when he arrived at Etihad.

And so it (eventually) proved to be.
Yes true but we sorted out his deep muscle tissue injury problem and reduced the amount of times we played him i.e. once every 6/7 days in his last year. I think we have the expertise to deal with this player's problem if there is one. He is also quite tall which is an asset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.