It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a hard one the play the kids dilemma, however there have been young talents break through at our rivals in the past at that age.
Delap, for the little I’ve seen, does look a talent and should be a first team member if only for the experience, just as Foden was.

I agree and would love to have our equivalents of rashford, greenwood etc. and Foden will be, despite him coming through slower.

2 reasons we haven’t I think:
(1) This may be a massive generalisation, but our academy players look tiny compared to uniteds (almost across the board). Ours appear more technically gifted but can’t hack the physical nature of the prem like theirs can. So if they will make it, they will need to develop for longer.
Delap appears to buck this trend so think he will be given the chances earlier hopefully.

(2) We have been a far more successful team than united have been over the past 5 years. Standards are higher and hence chances are limited.

But back to transfers, has messi signed yet and are koulibalys bags still packed?

I agree it's a possibility, leave it for a while let it sink in . Blue sky thinking takes time , might catch on though.

When did the thought of a future replacement for Fernandinho & Kompany, first enter your head ?

Was it the same as me: I thought about it several years ago ?

Who is supposed to take care of it & how well have the people involved managed it, so far ?

I'm specifically not talking about the funds for Messi, as I said in the post.

If we'd signed Messi the requirements for other attacking players would likely change.

Therefore, any deals for attacking players we were looking at may have been put on hold or cancelled, due to Messi.

I think the same.

Aguero still not fit. That knee injury is no joke, especially at his age and the explosive way he plays.

At times we'll be playing though the season with one recognised striker.

You see out academy kids are never ready while we wouldn't hesitate to spend on kids from other teams. I am telling you Pep would rather play Bernardo or sterling as false 9 or play no striker than give chance to academy striker even it's for few minutes. People here will. Justify he is not ready paper thin physically not ready
There’s definitely a halo effect if they come from outside. Our pockets are deep enough to pay others to take the risk. To be fair, the stakes are really high at the pinnacle of the Premier League.

I agree and would love to have our equivalents of rashford, greenwood etc. and Foden will be, despite him coming through slower.

(1) This may be a massive generalisation, but our academy players look tiny compared to uniteds (almost across the board). Ours appear more technically gifted but can’t hack the physical nature of the prem like theirs can. So if they will make it, they will need to develop for longer.
Delap appears to buck this trend so think he will be given the chances earlier hopefully.

(2) We have been a far more successful team than united have been over the past 5 years. Standards are higher and hence chances are limited.

But back to transfers, has messi signed yet and are koulibalys bags still packed?
Point number 2 nails it.

Would we, and the club accept one season of mediocrity to bed some youngsters into the team. Coming on for 5 or 10 minutes is a pointless exercise. They need to start. Only with decent minutes on the pitch will they progress (or we find out they are not good enough).

We have brought in a lot of players from abroad, unsuitable physically for PL football, over the last 10 years. No idea who is responsible.

There doesn't seem to be any consistent reasoning behind the way we use the young players either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.