Wolves (A) Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Mahrez and Laporte are out not sure if Sergio is fit or not.
With that in mind I would go
Eddy
Walker
Stones
Ake ( Laporte if fit)
Cancelo
Rodri
KDB
Bernardo
Sterling
Jesus ( Aguero if fit)
Torres
Subs
Steffan Mendy Garcia Gundogan Foden (Which ever striker doesn’t start Sergio or Jesus) Doyle

I'm always pumped up for the first match of a new season, even when we had shite like Ousmane Dabo playing for us!

I can't wait for next Monday, bring on Wolves and let's fuck them up.

Once again Wolves look solid and dangerous. It was a shame they ran out of steam at the end of last season otherwise they could've had a phenomenal one.
We will need to be on our game to get a result.

They've not replaced Doherty and Jonny has an ACL so it looks like Traore will play wing back this season.

Expect them to line up something like this:

Patricio
Boly Coady Saiss
Traore Dendoncker Neves Moutinho Marcal
Jimenez Neto

Assuming Aguero, Laporte and Mahrez are available but not fully fit:

Ederson
Walker Stones Ake Mendy
De Bruyne Rodri Bernardo
Torres Jesus Sterling

Steffen Laporte Cancelo Gundogan Foden Mahrez Aguero

Bernardo to support Mendy against Traore, Torres to exploit their weaker left flank. Their midfield isn't too mobile so Rodri and KDB plus Bernardo and Jesus pressing should be more than comfortable.

It's our first game, not sure that is fair to determine how our season will pan out
Looking at our opening day results in last 10 years or so we have a really good record and don’t seem to concede many either
Obviously things change from season to season but it’s still a good record

Personally I'd play Walker at left back to bully Traore and Len at right back with the option to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.