Wolves (A) Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine gloom and doom does not come from nowhere. It's founded on doubts about our defence. When last season finished we all assumed that this Summer City would finally replace Kompany.

We made a good signing in Ake but he is a left sided defender. I think we will be stronger than last season because of Ake, and because Foden will replace Silva whose legs were going but have we done enough defensively?

I think most commentators who have us down as title favourites have done so on the assumption that we are going to strengthen further defensively. That's where I was last week but we didn't do the Koulibaly deal in advance of the return to training so that makes me wonder if we are going to do it at all.

Rather than shoot everybody down who comments somewhat negatively about the team, why don't you respond to the points about the need for a central defender?

Weird really this issue perpetuated by media about our defence. We conceded the second lowest number of goals after Dipperpool - so it can’t be that bad. The problem everyone overlooks is that we missed too many chances & our creativity went missing. Our new signings together with the return of important players, should address this.

amazed people still think we should play with 3 at the back
4 at the back which is in effect a 2 when oppo are only putting one/none up top, and a tacit 3 on one of the sides as the floating wingback slides up and down a bit depending on whether we are committing to the overload.

Last edited:
Going to be a tough game this, Wolves are always a tough side for us.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Ake

Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo

Foden
Sterling
Aguero

Weird really this issue perpetuated by media about our defence. We conceded the second lowest number of goals after Dipperpool - so it can’t be that bad. The problem everyone overlooks is that we missed too many chances & our creativity went missing. Our new signings together with the return of important players, should address this.
I like the Ake signing but see him as cover for Laporte and not a replacement for Kompany.

What is our central defensive partnership? Ake/Laporte and Stones/Garcia? Are you happy with that? I'm not. I don't rate Stones/Garcia.

Genuine gloom and doom does not come from nowhere. It's founded on doubts about our defence. When last season finished we all assumed that this Summer City would finally replace Kompany.

We made a good signing in Ake but he is a left sided defender. I think we will be stronger than last season because of Ake, and because Foden will replace Silva whose legs were going but have we done enough defensively?

I think most commentators who have us down as title favourites have done so on the assumption that we are going to strengthen further defensively. That's where I was last week but we didn't do the Koulibaly deal in advance of the return to training so that makes me wonder if we are going to do it at all.

Rather than shoot everybody down who comments somewhat negatively about the team, why don't you respond to the points about the need for a central defender?

Since the beginning of last season, which defence has conceded the most goals in the premier league

Liverpool or man city ?

I like the Ake signing but see him as cover for Laporte and not a replacement for Kompany.

What is our central defensive partnership? Ake/Laporte and Stones/Garcia? Are you happy with that? I'm not. I don't rate Stones/Garcia.

Our defence statistics don’t particularly worry me - the media have made an issue about nothing. I was more concerned about all the possession we used to have but couldn’t break through. This led to everyone trying to get involved & we then conceded on the break. If we’d taken our chances, the defence would not have got as involved in the attack.

I think we’ll get another defender but on our terms.

Last edited:
Not really sure why people are picking Laporte to start this. He tested positive less than a week ago. Even though he has no symptoms I would barely expect him to train before this game, if at all. Our starting centerbacks are gonna be Ake and one of Garcia/Stones/Fernandinho/Otamendi (which is quite something).

Two players who need to deliver better seasons and would give us a boost are Bernardo and Ederson. Bernardo needs to get back to his best form and Ederson's shot stopping needs improvement for those 'big' moments which turn games. Hopefully we have a goalkeeper Steffen, who can provide some proper competition to Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.