Kalidou Koulibaly

It's obvious isn't it. The whole of football knows City can score 100 goals a season but can't defend. You'd have thought City with the money to buy Messi would have sorted it out this Summer.
Still two weeks to get a quality partner for Laporte in, if we don't then it will be another failure of a transfer window. And I don't believe Ake was our number one central defender priority before anyone starts.

Reactions: Pam
It's obvious isn't it. The whole of football knows City can score 100 goals a season but can't defend. You'd have thought City with the money to buy Messi would have sorted it out this Summer.

Second best defensive record in the league last year. What we couldn’t do is break down the teams that park the bus & then hit us on the break when the whole team is trying to get that goal!!

If anything is happening around Koulibaly, it should be moving within days. Napoli still have several transfer targets and they play their first game on Sunday.

For our part, I don’t think we care if this goes down to the last week since Koulibaly is probably our last transfer of the window, but the same cannot be said about Napoli. If we have no movement by Saturday, I’m certain this deal is off.

Second best defensive record in the league last year. What we couldn’t do is break down the teams that park the bus & then hit us on the break when the whole team is trying to get that goal!!
indeed what many posters/media fail to take into account is most teams play a totally different system against us, in the main all teams try to play football but with us they are time wasting & fucking about from kick off with flat back 9.

They make our Pearce era look exciting.

Wow I didn't think you'd be taken in by the narrative of the media that City can't defend.

The dippers had a GA of 35
City had a GA of 38
And this was only last season.

Some on here have very short memories.

Wow I didn't think you'd be taken in by the narrative of the media that City can't defend.

The dippers had a GA of 35
City had a GA of 38
And this was only last season.

Some on here have very short memories.
We lost 9 league games and lost against Lyon with Pep frightened to expose his defence to a handful of counter-attacks we'd have faced against Lyon. Our defence was weak. The job over the Summer was to rebuild it and one signing isn't enough imo. I'd love to be proved wrong, and hope to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.