Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

Perfect candidate - people say ‘but what has he won?’ But he’s never had a £1b squad, or chosen easy jobs like Guardiola - he’s turned down PSG, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past few years. He could have just collected default titles like Pep by inheriting the best squads in their respective leagues, but instead he chose to stay with the Spurs project he started.

The only thing that stopped him winning things was a lack of squad depth - players running out of fuel around April because he had no viable options to rotate them with throughout the season. He wouldn’t have the same issues here.

He also apparently turned down the United job in January, something he’d previously expressed an interest in; that suggests he’s been promised another job, and it clearly isn’t Barcelona or Juve who’ve both appointed new coaches this summer, so I’m confident it’s us.

It certainly is very strange he has not yet returned to management. Maybe he just hasn't had the right offer, or maybe he is waiting for a job who knows.

Perfect candidate - people say ‘but what has he won?’ But he’s never had a £1b squad, or chosen easy jobs like Guardiola - he’s turned down PSG, Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid in the past few years. He could have just collected default titles like Pep by inheriting the best squads in their respective leagues, but instead he chose to stay with the Spurs project he started.

The only thing that stopped him winning things was a lack of squad depth - players running out of fuel around April because he had no viable options to rotate them with throughout the season. He wouldn’t have the same issues here.

He also apparently turned down the United job in January, something he’d previously expressed an interest in; that suggests he’s been promised another job, and it clearly isn’t Barcelona or Juve who’ve both appointed new coaches this summer, so I’m confident it’s us.
Too obvious.

Pochettino is obvious candidate because he is the only half decent manager who plays the way City board want (possession based football) who is actually available. Arsenal would not let Arteta go and same with Nagelsmann with Leipzig who is under contract there until 2023.

Think we are refreshing the squad though, and think we would target the same players either way.
Yep - didn’t stop us buying KDB and Sterling in 2015 when it was pretty clear Pelle was off at the end of the season.

Have thought previously it’s unusual that Poch has gone so long without returning to football, especially seeing as some big jobs have been available during that time. Wonder if we have sounded him out or if he’s just biding his time in hope?

Pochettino is obvious candidate because he is the only half decent manager who plays the way City board want (possession based football) who is actually available. Arsenal would not let Arteta go and same with Nagelsmann with Leipzig who is under contract there until 2023.

Pochettino will not get on with some of our board member with their obvious former connections to Barcelona

Naglesmann and Arteta (won the FA cup already) for starters. For short term and Allegri. I could just tolerate Simeone

I’d take Pochettino over all of those. He’ll develop youth which is what our academy development is all about.

Arteta also knows City but Arsenal might be reluctant to let him leave.

I think we missing the trick here. One way to stop leaking goals is to get a solid defender and a solid defensive midfield unit. who do we have in midfield?

Fernandino - slow. Still good but off his pace.
Rodri - slow. Error prone.

wtf are we not in for a good midfielder.

I’d take Pochettino over all of those. He’ll develop youth which is what our academy development is all about.

Arteta also knows City but Arsenal might be reluctant to let him leave.

He hasn't developed youth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.