Pep's contract situation | Expected to leave at the end of next season according to Jack Gaughan (p1332)

Pochettino is obvious candidate because he is the only half decent manager who plays the way City board want (possession based football) who is actually available. Arsenal would not let Arteta go and same with Nagelsmann with Leipzig who is under contract there until 2023.
Nearly man that jumps ship just as he's being found out.

I’ll be very surprised and disappointed if City appoint that twat Pochettino. He has made comments on the record when at Spurs which are extremely disrespectful to City. He’s massively overrated anyway. City could and should be aiming so much higher.

This crossed my mind too.

I thought one of the benefits of a director of football is that you try to produce a certain type of football so that if your manager leaves there’s no huge transition in style.

Should mean that players bought for Pep would work for his successor. Can’t quite fathom why we’re not going out to sort the obvious gaps in our squad.

This crossed my mind too.

It didn’t stop us spending when we knew Pelligrini was leaving. We went big with KDB, Sterling and a couple more I think

If he’s going and we want Poch then tell him to go now so we can get on with planning for the current season

I’ve just read in The Athletic that Pep is our longest serving manager since Tony Book, and if he's here until marc, he will be the longest since Sir Joe.

If you add together all the times Asa Hartford has managed us for a month at a time surely he's the longest serving manager in our entire history?

I just hope the next guy whoever and whenever it is doesn't suffer from Barcaitis.

The guy down the M6 would do a good job I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.