COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The governments covid testing tsar, Dido Harding didn't see or envisage the increase in demand for testing, how the fuck do these people get the job they are paid to do ( I know she's married to a Tory MP )
Any body with any inkling of common sense could see there would be a surge in demand, what has she been doing, where are these jobs advertised, I need to drop my CV off coz I'm as equally un qualified and not fit for purpose as her and Matt Hancock and co.

All we can do is slow down the spread until a vaccine is available and that means social distancing, no large gatherings etc. Pity that a large percentage of the UK has no concept of what that means.

The large percentage of us are behaving responsibly and in line with advice. We have also gone back to work, kids back at school, eaten out to help out, gone shopping to support the high street and business and now the finger is being pointed and we are being told its our fault.

Clear I think now that this is coming back with a vengeance. If those suggesting we wont get a vaccine until well into the new year are correct then this world is fucked. There will be the kind of unrest and breakdown the kind of which we have never seen in this country.

The large percentage of us are behaving responsibly and in line with advice. We have also gone back to work, kids back at school, eaten out to help out, gone shopping to support the high street and business and now the finger is being pointed and we are being told its our fault.

yep.

August. Get out you selfish bastards and eat out to help out. Think about your local businesses and high street and support them . Get out

September. Get in you selfish bastards , how dare you go out and enjoy yourself . Fucking kids going back to schools , students going to university the selfish twats .

Sweden was ridiculed for their approach April and May, their approach doesn't seem as bad now.

Sweden is a totally different country with different healthcare standards, population density, demographics etc.

What works in Sweden is not automatically going to work in the UK....

Sweden is a totally different country with different healthcare standards, population density, demographics etc.

What will emerge from this is a mixture of huge population densities and an extremely unhealthy population with a multitude of underlying health conditions which meant the effects of the virus where magnified.

Im as bad, nearly 50, High Blood Pressure, eat too much, laugh off the belly fat as i tuck into another pie but catch something like this and you get unlucky as it turns into a Pneumonia and your life is very much at stake.

People can finger point as much as they want at politicians etc but we also have to take responsibility for our own health and lifestyles because no one is immortal or immune from a virus and its complications.

Indeed and lets see how they run with this winter, after all this thing did not get a grip in Europe until a big chunk of the winter had gone earlier in the year. This time it has got a whole 6/7 months of appalling shitty cold weather to go at in much of Europe, as much if not more so in Sweden than this pissy blowy cold and shit climate here.

I don't know how relevant this is for potentially better days to follow. But on the face of it, this is positive is it not? I'm probably missing a lot of the context tbf.

I don't know how relevant this is for potentially better days to follow. But on the face of it, this is positive is it not? I'm probably missing a lot of the context tbf.

Of course it's positive. I think we all know that the vast majority of these calls are kids with colds. Plenty of scientists and health experts have said this happens every time kids return to school. The vast majority, thankfully, will almost certainly be just that. Natural playground cold spreading. Sniffly kids everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.