How do I ethically buy a pedigree dog?

Mister Harvey

Team supported
Manchester city
Me, the kids and the Mrs all want a dog to add to our two cats and have decided on a golden Labrador, however, we don't have a clue were to buy one. I've heard lots of reports of unethical sellers who 'farm' these dogs and knock them out for a profit. I want to buy a healthy, happy, loved puppy from a reputable source and be confident knowing that I've purchased from someone who's first priority was the dog they're selling to me.

Can anyone recommend a reputable source?

We went on ChampDogs, but ensured the breeder was registered with the Kennel Club which is UKAS accredited and provides a register for all breeders and undertakes monitoring work.

We got a stunning Golden Retreiver 6 months ago.

You might want to check out the prices at the moment. Over £3k for many breeds, it's ridiculous.

Yes absolutely crazy how much they have increased in such a short space of time.

As some people have mentioned its awful to think that many dogs may end up at rescue centres, because they have bought on a whim, rather than realising how much hard work a puppy is, particularly the first 5 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.