Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

He was fabulous tonight. The shift that lad puts in for the team is immense. He's not just a lad that puts a shift in he has unbelievable quality with his movement and hold up play, Plus his goals for game ratio is incredible too.
Gabby needs to improve, and fast.... was just about fine today.

Fuck me, I thought someone had died when Kevin was brought down for the penalty..

The commentary was fkin shocking..

Hinchcliffe can get fucked big time, the sycophantic ****..!

Brilliant win that has been received by all at Sky like a death in the family..

The spitting dipper expected us to get beat, he can fuck right off too the knob..!

As good as we were in the first half, we were equally as bad in the first 15 minutes of the second half. No exaggeration to say that we could easily have found ourselves behind. Things did improve somewhat as time went on, but we didn’t look the same team as the one in the first half.

A lot of the same problems that we saw last season started to reappear. A number of mistakes from Stones and Mendy. Fernandinho and Rodri both vacating the middle channel. Failing to close down players or space quickly enough. Fortunately, both Ake and Walker did just enough to keep us ahead.

I think you can put some of it down to match fitness, but not all of it. Against a top European side we would have been destroyed in 15 minutes. Great to get the win against a tough opponent, but serious work still required in order to address those weaknesses.

The shakiness of our defence is directly proportional to the quality of the press.

We were supreme in the first half. The positioning of Rodri and Fernandinho stopped their chipped balls into their wide forwards, where they build up from.

That slowed their passing and our press was superb.

We physically dropped for the first 15 mins of the second half and we gave up a chance.

Then KDB got megged and they score from a decent cross.

We then dominated the game through game management.

Ake looked really good.
Best I’ve seen Stones play in about 18 months.
The number 25 seems really good in midfield.
Jesus got battered and got nothing, but deserved his goal at the end.
Mendy I thought played pretty well. Very good positionally and some signs of progression in his passing. Sure, Traore got past him a few times, but didn’t do anything with it as he is Traore.

All in all, a really impressive first game and not one I was expecting, but really happy we have our mojo and more importantly, our press back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.