COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kier Starmer question remains the key. Why are cases still escalating in Greater Manchester despite requirements such as these for many weeks? It does not inspire confidence these tweaks will suddenly turn the corner. But let''s hope they are right and they do. Or the 'second wave' resolves itself anyway as less harmful - which is not impossible.
There's every chance that the second wave will be less harmful if is proportionately more in the community than in care homes and it is spread right across the age range. Hopefully procedures in places where people are vulnerable will be much tighter than they were in March/April when it swept unchecked through the care sector.

I see. I should have anticipated the global pandemic years ago and not had any children? I can and do provide for them. Your comments lack any kind of basic understanding about the difficulties for parents and children caused by this situation. What I can’t be arsed to do is engage with idiots any longer.

IMO as I have stated many many times - when deciding to have kids, you simply MUST ask the question whether it/they can be provided for if:

a) something is wrong with the kid
b) something (for example) happens to a parent who becomes unable to work.

If the answer is no, then you shouldn't have them, the utter reliance on grandparents/wrap around care etc is ridiculous with the current generation of parents. Many of whom never really wanted kids, but simply couldn't be bothered to do anything with regards to birth control.

IMO. If that stance touches a nerve with so many, so be it.

The facts are that the education industry bent over backwards to continue ALL children's education during lockdown. If it wasn't enforced by parents, that's on them, but it appears to be a main reason that we educational professionals are now HAVING to stay fully open despite positive tests left right and centre.

But it's ok, pubs are going to close an hour earlier, that will sort it!

Working from home again is good,really cuts down people on public transport etc

Where is the not mixing households ? Hancock was at pains to stress that is where the main spread is ?

Edit ,i forgot about the six but that is not the same

You know no-one forces you to have kids, right?

If you can't/won't provide for them, don't bother, it's that simple.

Wow, just wow. Please don't tell me that you work in education as your posts seem to suggest. Firstly you think that parents can educate a child as well as a teacher who has been professionally trained to do this, then you pour scorn on parents that dare to work to provide for their kids. Shocking.

There's every chance that the second wave will be less harmful if is proportionately more in the community than in care homes and it is spread right across the age range. Hopefully procedures in places where people are vulnerable will be much tighter than they were in March/April when it swept unchecked through the care sector.

correct it’s almost like we have learnt nothing in the last 9 months battling this virus .
we must be in a far better position to deal with it this time than last time.

Wow, just wow. Please don't tell me that you work in education as your posts seem to suggest. Firstly you think that parents can educate a child as well as a teacher who has been professionally trained to do this, then you pour scorn on parents that dare to work to provide for their kids. Shocking.

Oh my god.

Try reading. You have absolutely annihilated the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.