COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can but how does that stop transmission in the home which is where hancock says it is being spread ?
I’ve no idea, which means I could easily be a government minister....
All I’m saying is that people meeting up in a park is a lot better than in a house and they should encourage one if they’re trying to discourage the other.

So how are these older people catching it? They’ve surely not been gadding about, willy-nilly and catching it from young people?
Given that, if you behave normally, you can’t really catch it; outside, on a train, in a shop/supermarket or in a pub/restaurant/coffee shop, what have these people been doing? I can only imagine they wanted to see their children/grandchildren and made a choice to do that. Now, given that some of them won’t see next March (or Xmas in some cases) Covid or no Covid, why shouldn’t they?
A bloke I know, who’s 73 has worked out his chances of dying from Covid are about exactly the same as his chances of dying from a stroke or heart attack, at about 2%. He just wants to get on with his life, as he doesn’t know how long he might have left and it’s why he still drinks and smokes a few fags a day. He goes to the pub once a week with another mate and they always went from about half 8 until 11. I know, for a fact, they’ll be in the same pub at half 7 on Thursday, if that pub can survive of course.

Staff. It'll likely be as simple as that. Care workers will be younger and they'll likely be interacting within society in a normal way. Plus many end up hospital, and it spreads so easily around hospitals. Then they go back into a care home. Spreads. Of course a few may see family too, but I don't think its as simple as just that. Staff will be the main one I reckon.

Wow, just wow. Please don't tell me that you work in education as your posts seem to suggest. Firstly you think that parents can educate a child as well as a teacher who has been professionally trained to do this, then you pour scorn on parents that dare to work to provide for their kids. Shocking.

It really is unbelievable isn’t it? This man is in charge of kids?

Staff. It'll likely be as simple as that. Care workers will be younger and they'll likely be interacting within society in a normal way. Plus many end up hospital, and it spreads so easily around hospitals. Then they go back into a care home. Spreads. Of course a few may see family too, but I don't think its as simple as just that. Staff will be the main one I reckon.
But he’s not mentioned care homes at all, just shutting boozers at 10. He was going to provide weekly testing in care homes for staff and patients and he hasn’t.

W
So what. Plenty of people don't get vaccinated and never get measles, doesn't mean everyone shouldn't.

You don't even believe what you're saying, you're just trying to be argumentive.
Wtf are you on about now,can you not hold a normal conversation without getting personal not to mention wrong ,home schooling is not new,as it is i tnink kids should go to school but kids schooled at home can get great grades as well as life skills ,google it

This must be killing you flu person ,what did you say to me ,i should hold my hands up when i am wrong about a second wave and it being worse in the winter...i shall await yours

So how are these older people catching it? They’ve surely not been gadding about, willy-nilly and catching it from young people?
Given that, if you behave normally, you can’t really catch it; outside, on a train, in a shop/supermarket or in a pub/restaurant/coffee shop, what have these people been doing? I can only imagine they wanted to see their children/grandchildren and made a choice to do that. Now, given that some of them won’t see next March (or Xmas in some cases) Covid or no Covid, why shouldn’t they?
A bloke I know, who’s 73 has worked out his chances of dying from Covid are about exactly the same as his chances of dying from a stroke or heart attack, at about 2%. He just wants to get on with his life, as he doesn’t know how long he might have left and it’s why he still drinks and smokes a few fags a day. He goes to the pub once a week with another mate and they always went from about half 8 until 11. I know, for a fact, they’ll be in the same pub at half 7 on Thursday, if that pub can survive of course.

Even if he's worked out his chances of dying, what about the chances of everyone he comes into contact with? Can we say that every single one of the 50,000 who have died wanted to die?

This is the thing with COVID, it's all well and good saying you don't mind dying until you are the one dying and the poor hospital staff are given the task of choosing who lives and who dies because of this selfish behaviour.

Scotland going a lot harder. There's no date I've seen yet but it sounds like they're banning separate households seeing each other in the near future.

taking individual risks is the opposite of what we need to do ,this is a collective effort

Sorry, but I disagree. It's a ridiculously stupid approach. Collectively I'm fine to work with 30 or 40 people but I can't go and visit my brother or sister after work. For the love of god, we need some middle ground and common sense.

W

Wtf are you on about now,can you not hold a normal conversation without getting personal not to mention wrong ,home schooling is not new,as it is i tnink kids should go to school but kids schooled at home can get great grades as well as life skills ,google it

This must be killing you flu person ,what did you say to me ,i should hold my hands up when i am wrong about a second wave and it being worse in the winter...i shall await yours

What on earth are you rambling on about? You are backing someone up who is saying that kids being educated at home should not be classed as missing out on education. Where did I get personal? Are you denying that you're being argumentive?

My point always was that it is not much more deadly than flu, which is proving to be right. Yes it is more contagious but in my opinion we shouldn't be locking down over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.