Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he’s been a good servant for the club or not it doesn’t mean we should just be giving players away we’re not a charity, you can treat loyal players well without constantly losing out on a not unsubstantial amount of money. There’s an assumption he’s on astronomical wages too, most reports have him on around 120k a week, Lovren was around 110k a week according to the same reports, there’s barely any difference, at least not enough to have an impact on any fee we should be getting. There’s no way of looking at it where giving him away for free or anything less than £10 is a good thing

Despite the slagging off they regularly and embarrassingly receive on here, our management team is up there amongst the very best in the sport so they'll have got the best deal possible, in this current market, in the middle of a pandemic that's almost destroyed the sports finances and which doesn't have an end date to plan to.

So, none of our wonderfully loyal supporters should be so foolish as to presume that they could do better. If they could then they'd be earning multi-million pound salaries and wouldn't be messing about on here would they ;-)

Its absolutely terrible business to loan players on high wages out. (Yes I realise we have no choice but this situation is self inflicted by giving him new deal when he was 30 in Jan 2018)

He has 2 years left on his deal, so he will be back next summer. Feels like Mancini/Hughes era.

City really need to stop giving long term deals to players in their late 20s unless they are world class.

Its absolutely terrible business to loan players on high wages out. (Yes I realise we have no choice but this situation is self inflicted by giving him new deal when he was 30 in Jan 2018)

He has 2 years left on his deal, so he will be back next summer. Feels like Mancini/Hughes era.

City really need to stop giving long term deals to players in their late 20s unless they are world class.

yes and the way we run our business is leaving us millions and millions in debt

This , i dont know why people do still not understand how we treat our oldies , they give us all their best years and in return we allow then to decide when and how to move on , i like him, gave 100% which used to be what fans liked the most , he always got stuck in , when did we become a fan base who woman and moan everytime they move on in the way the club want to do it

I agree with the sentiments regarding Ota. As fans we don’t want the club to get ripped off which you can interpret it as such. Covid uncertainty and us clearly haggling over new signings wounds people up.

If we did get a few million like Barca got for Suarez or Liverpool for lovern we wld all be happier as it could then be used to pay the fees for new players without the tight perimeters we seem to be working with at present.

City can’t seem to shift the perception of having unlimited fund so clubs take the piss with both incoming and outgoing even tho they know we have FFP like the rest.

I agree with the sentiments regarding Ota. As fans we don’t want the club to get ripped off which you can interpret it as such. Covid uncertainty and us clearly haggling over new signings wounds people up.

If we did get a few million like Barca got for Suarez or Liverpool for lovern we wld all be happier as it could then be used to pay the fees for new players without the tight perimeters we seem to be working with at present.

I personally don’t give a shit if we get money or not I’m sure the powers that be factor this in when they dish out the contracts

It's pretty bad, but we're in a very difficult position. Given his age and high wages, added to the fact he isn't exactly a great defender, it was always going to be difficult to get a decent fee for him. I have no doubt that interested clubs will be taking advantage of the fact that we need to sell in order to free up a squad place. The real mistake was extending his contract and agreeing to pay him high wages.

I personally don’t give a shit if we get money or not I’m sure the powers that be factor this in when they dish out the contracts

Fair enough but why don’t we just pay the KK fee? Instead of negotiating for months? Must be more in it. Maybe you are right;why should we care if the club don’t.

You do, of course, understand that keeping an existing player by awarding a contract extension is great business because there isn't a transfer fee to pay?

Think about it this way; if we'd bought a similar standard of squad player in to replace him for a snip at say £15million then that would be £5 million per annum on the books for 3 years on top of his wages.
Ergo, you'd know that Otamendi's salary was a very reasonable under the circumstances if you had the first inkling of what those circumstances were and had put a bit of consideration in before reaching your peculiar conclusion.
And Otamendi could have got himself a nice big fat signing on fee elsewhere, if he'd chosen to walk at that point, so we obviously had to pay a salary that mitigated that loss (still cheaper than bringing in a similar replacement and he didsn't need to spend a season getting up to speed so it was a no brainer).

Added to that, you must surely realise that the world hadn't been hit by covid and the dreadful financial impact at every level of the game when Otto got his last extension(?) so the current 'force majeur' financial situation couldn't have been a part of anyone's consideration could it?

You do, of course, understand that keeping an existing player by awarding a contract extension is great business because there isn't a transfer fee to pay?

Think about it this way; if we'd bought a similar standard of squad player in to replace him for a snip at say £15million then that would be £5 million per annum on the books for 3 years on top of his wages.
Ergo, you'd know that Otamendi's salary was a very reasonable under the circumstances if you had the first inkling of what those circumstances were and had put a bit of consideration in before reaching your peculiar conclusion.
And Otamendi could have got himself a nice big fat signing on fee elsewhere, if he'd chosen to walk at that point, so we obviously had to pay a salary that mitigated that loss (still cheaper than bringing in a similar replacement and he didsn't need to spend a season getting up to speed so it was a no brainer).

Added to that, you must surely realise that the world hadn't been hit by covid and the dreadful financial impact at every level of the game when Otto got his last extension(?) so the current 'force majeur' financial situation couldn't have been a part of anyone's consideration could it?
I was right with you up until you said that he didn't need to spend a season to get up to speed, when that is actually a fair description of his acceleration

Based on this logic we could release Sterling for free this summer if there are takers, because he done so well for us, won things for us, and if we can make it easier for him to leave by not asking a fee and maybe pay his salary too while playing elsewhere we should do it for him to remember us fondly.

If Mansour would be so generous in all of his business, he would be bankrupt by now and negotiatiors would take him for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.