#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drives me mental. Greedy fucker who plays for himself. If he is going to play like that, he has to deliver Salah like numbers to justify it and he won’t get anything like Salah numbers.

I wouldn’t mind if he dribbled past everyone and rifled one in. He sometimes drives into a dead end.

I don’t care about his stats or the stats that concern him but there are some things he won’t remove from his game at his age.

Talented player but sometimes I don’t know what to say with regards to a lot of his decision making.

Honestly don't think he was that bad, greedy yes but there were times in the game where I thought if we win this game it'll come through him, which it did.

For his first game back so I’d cut him some slack but there are some things he won’t stop doing at this stage of his career. Like some have pointed out, talented player but maybe he’d be better as a wild card subs

Near the end of match, Torres was in a good position all he had to do was play him through but he decided to pull it back and piss around with it

I wouldn’t mind if he dribbled past everyone and rifled one in. He sometimes drives into a dead end.

I don’t care about his stats or the stats that concern him but there are some things he won’t remove from his game at his age.

Talented player but sometimes I don’t know what to say with regards to a lot of his decision making.

Greediest winger I have ever seen who cannot beat a man. I mean Salah is greedy. Messi is greedy. Robben was greedy. They can/could all beat a man and are/were incredible players. Mahrez spends the majority of his mazy runs running towards Kyle Walker.

Interesting to me that Ferran looked much better once Kev came on and looked to get the ball to him quickly - this gives him one man to beat whereas Mahrez will take five or six touches. I noticed Delap making some lovely angled runs when Mahrez had the ball and no pass came. He's so talented and experience he should see those runs early but alas no - Phil is way ahead of him now.

Okay so not great as mentioned, but besides that...

Can a mod change the title so his name is spelled correctly?

Interesting to me that Ferran looked much better once Kev came on and looked to get the ball to him quickly - this gives him one man to beat whereas Mahrez will take five or six touches. I noticed Delap making some lovely angled runs when Mahrez had the ball and no pass came. He's so talented and experience he should see those runs early but alas no - Phil is way ahead of him now.

He sees them but it’s like look at me how good I am on the ball going around in circles before passing it back.

He be better of in a team that parks the bus and don’t have a high percentage of the ball like when he was at Leicester here he slow play down makes the wrong choice of pass or not to pass! He just dot suit our style of play.

Plenty of times an easy pass was on that would open up play but he chooses to run at defenders and lose the ball. It's as if he's still trying to prove himself to the lads. Or else he's just a greedy bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.