Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

the lad is a great prospect but way to early for first team football, yes city need another striker and pep knows what he is working with, but like foden delap will be put back in the box and looked after. it may be easy to blood youth in the league cup this season because we have a great record in the past 5 years, so if we do lose and get knockout the past winnings will help with blooding the youth without the pressure of losing

like i said he's got that rooney style upper body strength for his age and the lads has some power and skill
so i hope he proves me wrong and wins a first team place and he shines

Was Rooney loaned out ?

What has sentiment got to do with anything?
He was neat and tidy and covered his side very well. The game was played at a snails pace in the main so galloping forward wouldn’t have been beneficial.
Easy target but not having him getting grief for tonight.
"Galloping forward" and hitting in crap crosses that result in quick counterattacks that cause total panic in the City defence. That is the story of Benjamin Mendy at City. Good job he wasn't facing a pacy player tonight after his woeful performance against Wolves.

Delap already gives us an extra dimension if we have the sense to play to it. He could be the extra weapon to win us games from the bench.

Doyle is close to being able to do a job, albeit is very restrained these days compared to the ability he used to show.

Foden is rapidly turning into a star. He will very soon be able to play centre mid. Torres has a lot more to show.

The other kids tonight were & are nowhere near it at present imo, but I've a feeling Braaf might be.

Doyle looked great. Has he changed as a player? Did he used to be more dynamic? Dare I say it but he reminded me a little bit of Gundogan tonight... albeit a much more mobile version

He used to be more like KDB or Gerrard.

He does seem to be much more conservative nowardays.
With Foden, Mahrez, Torres and Delap in front of him and quite offensive full-backs, I’d guess he was told to be more defensive that what he usually plays like

He didn't complete a single cross or beat his opposing fullback once. The three times he got into promising positions he skied one over the bar, and smashed two across the face of goal. Virtually everytime he got the ball he slowed it down and played it back five yards. He had a lot of possession and did nothing with it. He is just not the same player after his injuries. There's no time for sentiment in football.
Mendy didn’t look like he wanted to come on to me...

Went as well as could be hoped. Youth given a run, Delap bags a superbly taken goal and we won.
enjoyable game for the most part as I had little expectation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.