COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending Students back with mostly no lectures to go to was a really stupid decision. Almost on a par with Cheltenham.
Not really.
The stupidity is not isolating our PROVEN HEALTHY young people and young adults in areas together for 3 weeks at a stretch since June and infecting them all with very small metered doses of the virus.
Free drinks and partying while there and we wouldn't have a problem now.

Quick question for some of the itk on here. My nephew has just been diagnosed with COVID. First symptoms appeared on Thursday. I was with him at a small family gathering last saturday. Do I need to self isolate? Really not sure what to do.

Like @artfuldodger said. He's linked the official guidance from the NHS website.

To me unless you live with your nephew then you don't have to to self isolate.

Obviously it's your decision if you want to be extra cautious.

Like @artfuldodger said. He's linked the official guidance from the NHS website.

To me unless you live with your nephew then you don't have to to self isolate.

Obviously it's your decision if you want to be extra cautious.
No need to isolate. Nephew will have been infectious from 2 days prior to on set of symptoms. Test and trace will be backward tracing 2 days prior to symptoms .They will be asking nephew about where he's been 3-7 days prior but won't be collecting contact details for those days

Admissions , ventilators and deaths have gone up , all four nations CMO 's said this week we are at the start of the second wave , i am sick of hearing lock the old and the vulnerable away , most have been isolated since march , it is a fucking selfish view
Sorry Kaz, didn't realise it was selfish to care. Just because we have different views on the best way to deal with the crisis doesn't mean we have to be at each others throats.

Whatever the solution is many people will be inconvenienced, most would agree inconvenience is better than death.

I'd be interested to see your data source that shows the figures you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.