COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two contrasting stories that show the extremes of optimism and pesimism on this subject.

A French scientist says the second wave across the channel is worse and arrived earlier and faster than expected and without drastic action months of serious problems will follow.

Meanwhile in Scotland a 63 year old man who four times had his family called in to say their goodbyes in the hospital icu when on a ventilator has been discharged from hospital after spending a record 172 days (nearly six months) in intensive care with Covid.

Bit like this thread some days but out there in the world beyond BM.

There was a French scientist that someone posted on here a couple of days ago saying the exact opposite. People say listen to the science, but even science has 2 viewpoints so people still choose which side to believe regardless.

Sorry Kaz, didn't realise it was selfish to care. Just because we have different views on the best way to deal with the crisis doesn't mean we have to be at each others throats.

Whatever the solution is many people will be inconvenienced, most would agree inconvenience is better than death.

I'd be interested to see your data source that shows the figures you mention.
Search headplace posts ,he posts the official data every day, sorry i bit your head off , long covid has me very intolerant , locking away the old and vulnerable , who have been locked away for six months already is not fair, also it will find a way to them anyway as you cant isolate completely , the vulnerable is anyone with a whole host of conditions from diabetes to high blood pressure and everything in between, it is just not practical, herd immunity is a dangerous stragedy
sorry again

This wouldn't work for medical, science and practical courses where students need access to labs, workshops etc.
it would have to be adjusted till they can be hands on , or create a uni bubble where everyone is tested and they stay at home between lectures or stay at uni, thinking outside of the box , clever people can think of it shirley

Given yesterday’s protest in London, I thought I would share this.

Excellent article.

Ultimately what the libertarians totally ignore is the level of tax in Sweden. I'm sick to death of people crying 'freedom', when most of the country is below the breadline, lives in basic accommodation and works minimum wage. We need a massive rethink in western society on what we believe 'freedom' is. Look at the United States, it's totally crumbling as a society because they simply do not have any of the social structures in place for cohesion.

The trace and track app has been sent to me and it will not download. It says cookies are disabled despite following the instructions it still says disabled.
In such cases perhaps get a relative to do it. No that breaks the rules and as his missus is on the front line in the theatres at MRI its not a good idea.
Its seems a lot of people must be in the same boat. Want to do it but can't. Then there are those who can do this stuff with their eyes closed but won't or cant be bothered.
World beating? Game charging?
We know Boris is daft but it seems his advisers are just as daft or not strong enough to tell him the facts of life.

The trace and track app has been sent to me and it will not download. It says cookies are disabled despite following the instructions it still says disabled.
In such cases perhaps get a relative to do it. No that breaks the rules and as his missus is on the front line in the theatres at MRI its not a good idea.
Its seems a lot of people must be in the same boat. Want to do it but can't. Then there are those who can do this stuff with their eyes closed but won't or cant be bothered.
World beating? Game charging?
We know Boris is daft but it seems his advisers are just as daft or not strong enough to tell him the facts of life.
Is it the nhs one or the other one ? Only download the official ones, mine just downloaded fine , it is debatable if it is worth it at all as the nhs one cant input all the tests done anyway

Scottish data is a little better in the cases today - but weekend so who knows. But the first fall in the % number is promising. Other news not so good.

Sadly 1 death

344 cases at 9.1% of tests (first under 10% in couple of days) and half number of yesterdays cases.

However, 105 in hospital (up 6) and 12 on icu ventilators (up 1) on yesterday.

Scotland week to week:

0 deaths versus 1 today

cases 245 v 344 today

% tests 5.4% v 9.1 % today

In hospital 66 v 105 today

On icu ventilators 9 v 12 today.

Wales data is:

0 deaths (after 3 yesterday welcome news).

362 cases - only a little down from 370.

AT 3.1% versus 3.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.