Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots, you don't play the same way with 9 first team players out, if anything you should be more defensive.
I think that Pep hasn't got a defensive tactic to scratch his arse with. Every team plays to its strengths but you also have to negate the oppo strengths and it seems that we completely ignored them today. Anywho, I'm watching the cricket.

Mendy has always gotten away with it because of his injury.

Barring a lamentable first-half showing from us in the loss at Monaco and 20, rinse and repeat crosses in an opening day win at Arsenal, he has never shown anything that justified a £50m purchase.

His deficiencies are many and aren't because of injury or now fitness, it's because he can't defend and isn't particularly quick running back to his own goal.

Same goes for Garcia, runs in treacle and because he came from Barca, somehow gives him a stamp of quality.

Pep went down in my estimation when he picked him for the Lyon game.

Sadly, it is one of many poor errors of judgment during this year.

I genuinely don't see how having two fit strikers today would have made any difference to the result in terms of legislating for other players on the pitch who just aren't nowhere good enough for present Manchester City.

Missing kompany. The hunger and drive doesn’t seem the same. There isn’t none just less.

cant see the Benfica cb resolving that. Would need an established player.
Who could fill the Fernandinho role from next season who could add what we miss without kompany?

No surprise at all. Last year was a huge decline and we look worse this year. Lucky at Wolves last week in that they missed so many sitters but exposed today.
A keeper who rarely makes a save
A defence just as bad as last season. How have we spent so much money on defenders who it’s keystone cops defending yet again.
A lot of the defence shambles is the midfield and no pace, no legs at all. Rodri another poor buy, no legs.
set pieces are woeful as usual though we scored frim a corner today so that’s our quota till next season.
Awful transfer windows and stratagy and a manager who is out of contract and not commitIng to a new one.
Club is in a right mess, forget the title and CL, we are a million miles away from those, top 4 is the battle this season

No hiding from how bad that was. Where was the energy that they showed at Wolves?

And how do you contrive to concede three soft penalties in one home game? All of them of course were a result of poor defending in the first place.

Don't like digging out individual players but I hope that was the last time Garcia plays for us.

We really need to go and buy a left back with pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.