Pep's contract situation

Peps going to sort it out.
Look outside the box here, we didn't have a pre season, players have been affected by covid and we started a week late.
Has everyone forgot we beat wolves on Monday?

I can safely say I remember the first season we signed Mendy and I’ve never once looked at him after a single City game and thought ‘class’. Can’t run, can’t track his man, can’t defend, can’t pass or cross. Not jumping on any bandwagon, not scape goating; he’s just pure cak.
He was excellent in his opening games for City before injury. I sit on the front row and he was amzing charging down that left flank. Sane couldn't get in the side. Since he's come back he's not been the same.

His time is coming to an end hopefully this will be his last season. Blame the players as much as you want but the style of play does not change, it’s turgid, slow, lazy and predictable and any half decent team that is organised and has a game plan we will drop points against, never been so bored watching city in 40 years
Stuart Pearce says hi

Peps going to sort it out.
Look outside the box here, we didn't have a pre season, players have been affected by covid and we started a week late.
Has everyone forgot we beat wolves on Monday?
He will sort it out. We will though miss Jesus and Aguero for a few games and have to find a way to win games until they return. Maybe play Sterling wide and Foden central and drop Mendy and Fernandinho.

You genuinely don’t see how compressing the space behind the back line and putting pressure in the opposition when they’re in possession mitigates simple balls in behind?

Individual mistakes don’t happen in isolation. Our defenders panic when players get the wrong side (see: all three fucking penalties we conceded today). So perhaps preventing those easy balls in behind might have been a good idea.
You genuinely think using terms like "compressing the space behind" gets around the fact that we were sitting deep when we conceded those penalties? As for leaving no space behind to run into, that would mean we abandon our pressing game pretty much and pile defenders into the box and it becomes defence vs attack... Do you really see that working with that defence today?

You genuinely think using words like compressing the space behind gets around the fact that we were sitting deep when we conceded those penalties?

We were “sitting deep?” We conceded those goals on counterattacks. Sitting deep is when you consciously cede possession and maintain your defensive shape. That is literally the opposite of what happened.

We played so bad we can't complain too much but they were really soft. It does go against us so many times. We are not Liverpool or Man Utd in the eyes of referees and commentators.

However even at 1-0 we weren't creating much. I think we should judge City and Pep when we have a full squad to choose from.

Oh we deserved to lose all right, absolutely no point in arguing against that. I just think that all 3 were soft and borderline. The Walker one was most nailed on of the three but even that had an element of doubt as the contact was very light and the dive could have been enough to overturn it. The other two you could quite easily change the agenda and make it as though the Leicester player kicked or caused the contact which is what they did for the Utd one and the general public / neutral would have probably seen reason with them being overturned. All how you present them. And how they are reviewed.

I can't remember one when we had so few ideas, so little defensive cover and gave the ball away so often. Leicester at home when they won the league was similar but not as bad as this.
Look at today's forward line, and then in midfield in front of their 4 and 5 man rows we had two sitting midfielders. It really was very difficult for us. Sterling did nothing down the middle and Foden was wasted where he was.

Pep does have a job on his hands. I hope he is up for it.

Not a shock to see some of the comments.
Think I’ll resist the over-reactionary cry arsing and back him to have another successful season and hope he puts pen to paper on another contract.

How can it be “over reactionary” when the same problems have been repeating themselves for over a year?

It’s not just one off games, it happened throughout last season. Many top managers have lost their jobs for less than that, I think we’ve been pretty patient with Pep, and we’ve still got some patience left. But it’s not wrong for us to ask questions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.