Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday wasnt great yes but I dont see us playing like that every week. We could have been 2-0 up before the defence got involved. I'll reserve judgement for a while yet and atleast see if Pep can sort out the defensive issues. You never know, it could be the wake up call the players need.
It is a myth that the problem lies with the defence. Peps attacking system and high line would make VVD look clueless.

It is a myth that the problem lies with the defence. Peps attacking system and high line would make VVD look clueless.
Liverpool play a high line a lot too. There were examples of it tonight.

I'm not throwing in the towel but you'd have to make Liverpool favourites again this year sadly. They have one of the best teams in Europe front to back, they don't get injuries, their key players barely go off form and they will continue to get favourable VAR decisions(or their opponents not get them). They have everything going for them going into this season and we've give them all the encouragement they need by dropping points in our second game.

We need to recognise the challenge City have on their hands, there's so many things to sort out to give them a chance of pipping Liverpool this year.

Last edited:

We didn't give away 3 penalties because of a high line yesterday. It was because the defending was shite. I do agree that it's not all the defence however, our turnover rate is dramatically increasing. Everyone at fault yesterday but Mendy in particular.

At the end of the day though they got another three points , and we didn't , and unless things change drastically from the absolute shambles we witnessed on Sunday, this could turn out to be yet another frustrating season.

It is early days yet, but already we are leaking goals, and losing ground , and not just on Liverpool either ...... and we've put ourselves under the pressure even now of HAVING to get a positive result at an impressive Leeds United next weekend.

Last edited:
It’s gone beyond a joke now. I’ve just seen the goals on sky. They’re showing Jota’s goal repeatedly and blatantly ignoring the handball. It’s the new way of dealing with controversy - just ignore it. It worked with the Dominic Cummings palarva in the summer.

I’ve had enough and think I’m out.

Just watched the highlights and with their fullbacks that team is nothing. That one thing we really really need is a lb. walker can do the job on rb but our left side is just struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.