Recruitment issues

They haven't figured anything out, they just take advantage from playing against a makeshift defence and a hit from injuries team. Once we find stability at CB and LB, things will be business as usual.

You think we look as effective going forward as we did in 2017/18?

You think we look as effective going forward as we did in 2017/18?

We created more chances in 19/20 than in 17/18. The difference was that last season (and also in 16/17) we were less clinical and missed many big chances. In terms of creativity we are still up there. We were bad at finishing in 16/17 and then improved in 17/18. Hopefully, same (improvement) will happen this season.

Shelling out another 100 mill on two more defenders doesnt look good though. Hopefully this time it'll be money well spent. Only time will tell. I'm more confident about Ake, I think he'll end up being a top defender. Now all we need to do know is find a couple of very good attacking fullbacks.
"Doesn't look good " ?

We created more chances in 19/20 than in 17/18. The difference was that last season (and also in 16/17) we were less clinical and missed many big chances. In terms of creativity we are still up there. We were bad at finishing in 16/17 and then improved in 17/18. Hopefully, same (improvement) will happen this season.

when you watch us do you think the chances were of the same quality

17/18 was plenty of cutbacks from the byline, 19/20 when we were struggling it was all crosses from deep

i don’t think anyone is questioning that we can blow teams away and score 4/5/6 when their heads drop

but in tight games we run out of ideas

Sunday we scored a worldy from a corner that was half cleared and a header from a set piece

Our transfer business has by and large been below what it should be for a number of windows now.

Hopefully Dias will be Kompany mark two but the fact that we still rely heavily on Kun in his 9th season now says alot.

Haven't found a gem under the radar for many a year IMO ,we basically wait for others to show their wears in other lesser teams and pay what they ask for.

That is not a strategy destined for long term success.

when you watch us do you think the chances were of the same quality

17/18 was plenty of cutbacks from the byline, 19/20 when we were struggling it was all crosses from deep

i don’t think anyone is questioning that we can blow teams away and score 4/5/6 when their heads drop

but in tight games we run out of ideas

Sunday we scored a worldy from a corner that was half cleared and a header from a set piece

There's a statistical tool that measures the average quality of chances. In terms of xG we should have scored 91 goals in 17/18 (we scored 106!) and 102 goals in 19/20 (we scored 102). We were more clinical in 17/18 but created fewer chances than in 19/20.

There's a statistical tool that measures the average quality of chances. In terms of xG we should have scored 91 goals in 17/18 (we scored 106!) and 102 goals in 19/20 (we scored 102). We were more clinical in 17/18 but created fewer chances than in 19/20.

Ahhh you’re an xG type

fair enough we’ll leave it there

Ahhh you’re an xG type

Fucking bonkers.

Maybe its my age and lack of time on football manager type games or the latest FIFA but what the actual fuck is the xG bollocks that gets trotted out?

Meaningless fucking drivel.

The only “strategy” I’ve seen was to get Pep, and it worked, the same attitude should have been more visible to us all in replacing key players aligned to their ages and contracts without even considering form or injury.
Zabba, Vinnie, YaYa, David, Kun should have had the targets all ready to sign at any cost regarding fee and contract if we had evolved we would have at least 2 more PL titles in the bag and would not be where we are today. General view being we need a transition period. Hate to say this but that is not how GPC operated he’d have replacements lined up and smoothly reengineered the rags in flight. Classic example of a “strategy” was getting Van Nistleroy 1 year before he needed him even allowed for a serious pre contract injury.
The other thing we’re evidently not doing is quick fixes the minute Piss Can lost the league to us he extends his contract for a year and quick fix Van Persie is bought and they win the league.
Where is our strategic target for Aguero... ain’t got one otherwise he’d be here...where’s our quick fix target ...ain’t got one.

Last edited:
Ahhh you’re an xG type

In many cases (though not always, of course) statistical tools are much more reliable than personal impressions, which tend to be heavily destorted by biases. On the basis of our xG in 16/17, many predicted that we would win the league in 17/18, unlike the dumb pundits in the media who thought Pep was destined to fail in England with his naive tactics. I'm sure that many City fans were pretty sceptical about Pep at the end of 16/17. Because their personal impressions were that Pep's football was inefficient in England.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.