Thank you Otamendi - official to Benfica for €15m

Have to Say Nico served us well.
good time for both parties to move on.

However, I have to mention it gives me so much pride when I see the way our club treats their players. They respected Nico for his commitment being loyal serving well, and never once winging or complaining.

This is additionally reflective of the way Txiki saying a few words and thanking Nico.

Salute and Adios General!!

It has to be said the lad always gave 100 percent and never shirked a tackle. He had his ups and downs as any player does but he's been a good player over the last 5 years and most of all in that centurions side. Best of luck to him in Lisbon.

I thought we had signed a fantastic player when he arrived but,while he had some great games,he never quite consistently hit those heights and i think we have just been waiting to upgrade ever since.Also i never took to him as a man,far too hipster for my liking and a bit too fond of trying to con the ref/ exaggerating a foul.

All that aside,i cannot criticise his commitment and effort,you could always rely on him to give 100% and he never went hiding,you can't say that for a lot of players these days.......so i'm grateful for that.

All the best Nico,enjoy that very generous new contract.

Good luck to him - makes sense all round.

Good deal for the club this although the numbers are i'm sure influenced by the 2 way deal.

Im happy with his arrival. Solid and aggressive defender.

Having Otamendi and Vertonghen is great. I know they're not exactly the same as 2 or 3 seasons ago, but the feeling is very positive.

Great to hear a player leaving with positive thoughts on the club. Wish him the best
Agreed - Very pertinent given the Messi drama that his quotes showered praise on how we look after players and their families. It's such a big part of modern football and important to any potential incoming player. Good luck and thanks for the memories Nico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.