Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think might be controversial, but I would like to see Stanway dropped for a game or two.

I'm glad she didn't start up top as she tends to have blinkers on when it comes to being in the pen area.

It's genuinely her lack of team play that stops simpler chances put away.

I don't want her sold, I just want to see if the team play comes into play with a player like Park (who I think is going to be a gem).

I don't think it's controversial.she was pisspoor in her decisions making,
Could off been 3-4 up if she played the right ball,also noticed her pressing was poor compared to the rest off the team.
But like you just drop her for a few games,
Was impressed with the girls,as other's have said fitness will come,& seeing the gooners have smashed teams they've played recently,its looking good for us this year,
Love watching Weir she glides across the pitch & what a left foot she got,
So were still holders & yet we could still win it twice in one season,that would be some feat..

What I think might be controversial, but I would like to see Stanway dropped for a game or two.

I'm glad she didn't start up top as she tends to have blinkers on when it comes to being in the pen area.

I don't want her sold, I just want to see if the team play comes into play with a player like Park (who I think is going to be a gem).
Yes Georgia is single minded when going for goal but she’s played in defence, midfield and attack over the last 12 months without complaint. She’s also the closest female equivalent (football ability wise In the WSL) to a young Wayne Rooney. Georgia is getting her share of goals despite her all round game being a bit off.

There’s now going to be a lot of competition for places across the pitch. We have strength in depth and people regaining fitness. That includes White who hasn’t looked fully fit and that’s part of the reason why Georgia has played virtually every minute.

Btw Most of our midfield and attack gave the ball
away a number of times as we lost composure in the last half an hour. We showed great resolve to see the win out.

I don't think it's controversial.she was pisspoor in her decisions making,
Could off been 3-4 up if she played the right ball,also noticed her pressing was poor compared to the rest off the team.
But like you just drop her for a few games,
Was impressed with the girls,as other's have said fitness will come,& seeing the gooners have smashed teams they've played recently,its looking good for us this year,
Love watching Weir she glides across the pitch & what a left foot she got,
So were still holders & yet we could still win it twice in one season,that would be some feat..

Yes, it's not her footballing ability, it's her decision making for me.

I think the whole 'build-the-team-around-Stanway' under the Cushing philosophy is still with her, but not with Taylor. Her reduced role was reflected in team cohesion in my eyes.

I'm sincerely hoping there's a genuine pivot midfield dynamic building between Weir and Mewis. In may be the first GENUINE impact and dominance for any team in the league since its creation. It would be their version of the 'Yaya and De Bruyne' dominance for the men's team. If Walsh can her her Ferna game going (and she's not far off) then we'll need a genuine playmaker ahead of them.

That's not Stanway, but it could've have been Izzy as I see her as adaptable.

I wish we went back in for her.

Yes Georgia is single minded when going for goal but she’s played in defence, midfield and attack over the last 12 months without complaint. She’s also the closest female equivalent (football ability wise In the WSL) to a young Wayne Rooney. Georgia is getting her share of goals despite her all round game being a bit off.

There’s now going to be a lot of competition for places across the pitch. We have strength in depth and people regaining fitness. That includes White who hasn’t looked fully fit and that’s part of the reason why Georgia has played virtually every minute.

Btw Most of our midfield and attack gave the ball
away a number of times as we lost composure in the last half an hour. We showed great resolve to see the win out.

I respect where she's played. That does not negate her poor decision making. In fact, it should have improved it!! I don't dispute her goal getting achievements, but that's an individual drive, not a team objective and that pushes through quite a lot.

There are times I have seen where she's running with the ball and is increasing angled against the keeper. Her team-mate, often White is tearing through the centre and Stanway will take her shot even though White is in the optimal position with the keeper drawn to her.

It's this that's annoying and she does it too often.

As for fitness, yes, it's an issue but it's coming and with that they'll be less giveaways once Taylor drives through philosophy. I'm much happier than when I saw the last game (I'm sure I missed one) and the women look like they're trusting a system Cushing abandoned as I don't think he believed in it enough.

I respect where she's played. That does not negate her poor decision making. In fact, it should have improved it!! I don't dispute her goal getting achievements, but that's an individual drive, not a team objective and that pushes through quite a lot.

There are times I have seen where she's running with the ball and is increasing angled against the keeper. Her team-mate, often White is tearing through the centre and Stanway will take her shot even though White is in the optimal position with the keeper drawn to her.

It's this that's annoying and she does it too often.

As for fitness, yes, it's an issue but it's coming and with that they'll be less giveaways once Taylor drives through philosophy. I'm much happier than when I saw the last game (I'm sure I missed one) and the women look like they're trusting a system Cushing abandoned as I don't think he believed in it enough.

I agree Stanway is too greedy at times. Georgia, Kelly and Weir were wasteful in the crucial period after half time when we could have finished off the game: instead we shot from 25 yards, picked the wrong pass or failed to beat the last woman. White’s touch was off after half time they didn’t help with the scraps she received.

I agree Mewis and Weir could be a really could combination. Weir was too happy to just boot the ball upfield after the hour mark but she also put a great shift in midfield. She has the potential to link play and make herself the extra attacker like Izzy used to do.

Kiera looked much more solid defensively but also struggled later on as we didn’t seem to have the runners for her to find to ease the Arsenal pressure. Both Kiera and Weir contributed to the resolute defending at the end though and was impressed with the commitment shown by Mewis and Lavelle when she came on.

Our defence played their best game in a long time.

Last edited:
I agree Stanway is too greedy at times. Georgia, Kelly and Weir were wasteful in the crucial period after half time when we could have finished off the game: instead we shot from 25 yards, picked the wrong pass or failed to beat the last woman. White’s touch was off after half time they didn’t help with the scraps she received.

I agree Mewis and Weir could be a really could combination. Weir was too happy to just boot the ball upfield after the hour mark but she also put a great shit in midfield. She has the potential to link play and make herself the extra attacker like Izzy used to do.

Kiera looked much more solid defensively but also struggled later on as we didn’t seem to have the runners for her to find to ease the Arsenal pressure. Both Kiera and Weir contributed to the resolute defending at the end though and was impressed with the commitment shown by Tim and Mewis and Lavelle when she came on.

Our defence played their best game in a long time.

Umm, I'm assuming you meant Weir put in a shift and not took an unexpected dump in the middle of the pitch...?

When fit Hemp should start for us on the left for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.