Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great game to watch. City were excellent in the first half going forward and then a dogged defensive display for the last 15 minutes. Sam Mewis hugely impressive in midfield and Steph Houghton superb in the last 30 minutes. Houghton and Lucy Bronze are world class leaders on the pitch. We could do with some of this in the men's team.

Biggest change tonight was the fact we got on the front foot for much of the game, the sideways and backwards seemed to have gone, and it was all looking to get forward.

Thought it was a good interview with Taylor, "we always look for good people first at this club" long may that continue.
Seem more like the old City team , with more direct attacking passing at times , still some of the decision making at times was poor , but I think it shows we can turn up went we need too !

Agreed.

Just worried about the fitness factor.

I don't think she was expecting the drive of the game and how relentless it can be facing the top teams!
Fair point about fitness. We kept winning the ball in the first 15 mins after half time and then going for the Hollywood 30 yarders. Our wastefulness helped Arsenal to settle into their game that really stretched us towards the end. Still a deserved win as we dominated the first hour.

Seem more like the old City team , with more direct attacking passing at times , still some of the decision making at times was poor , but I think it shows we can turn up went we need too !
It's the best they've played in 18 months for me.

Up till now, I was thinking Houghton and Stokes were at the end of their time, I thought they were both excellent tonight.

Another thing, amongst all these stars we could still bring on another young forward, if this squad does gel then it could do very well in the champions league, there were some excellent signs.

After our games so far I fully expected us to get toasted, but that first 30 minutes we did it to arsenal.

What I think might be controversial, but I would like to see Stanway dropped for a game or two.

I'm glad she didn't start up top as she tends to have blinkers on when it comes to being in the pen area.

It's genuinely her lack of team play that stops simpler chances put away.

I don't want her sold, I just want to see if the team play comes into play with a player like Park (who I think is going to be a gem).

What I think might be controversial, but I would like to see Stanway dropped for a game or two.

I'm glad she didn't start up top as she tends to have blinkers on when it comes to being in the pen area.

It's genuinely her lack of team play that stops simpler chances put away.

I don't want her sold, I just want to see if the team play comes into play with a player like Park (who I think is going to be a gem).
She reminded me of Mahrez at times tonight.

Great advertisement for the English women’s game.

Let’s go and win the cup now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.