COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
NI's new case numbers are extraordinary today.

I know I said that when I posted them this afternoon. Have no idea where they came from. They may be at the tail end of the wave - having the Irish Sea like the Channel giving a week or two leeway and so the last to get this real uptick that the mainland got a week or two back. It still has a modest % positive case number - today's was its worst - other nations see to have stopped escalating this rapidly. So that fits that theory.

GM certainly looks like it is improving from the chart of up to today cases per 100,000 people that I just posted above. Perhaps N Ireland will be the last to settle if this is true.

Last edited:
Worrying thing is we aren't even in winter yet. Just wait until everyone gets their winter runny noses and coughs. We'll be walking around in inflatable bubbles.

Worrying thing is we aren't even in winter yet. Just wait until everyone gets their winter runny noses and coughs. We'll be walking around in inflatable bubbles.
this is always trotted out, whether right or wrong, I dont know.
My own experience is that I am susceptible to a cold or flu when the weather CHANGES.
Summer to winter, or vicky verky, makes no difference.

He is the most dangerous man in the world, sending federal troops , unmarked to cart off people in peaceful protests in dem states ,pepper spraying and paralysed a young lad shooting him in the neck and threatening the same in dem states on polling day , telling his base to break the strict lockdown , take their guns and storm the governors and mayors in dem states, oh and taking thousands of mail boxes out of dem states so they cant vote , oh and 200,000 plus dead americans because he refused to take covid seriously

he is a cu nt
im affraid this kind of post shows a complete lack of understanding about current human rights and world geopolitics. Trump may be a fool and is no doubt an unstable and dangerous man but in no way shape or form can he be, or should he be described as the most dangerous man in the world right now.

That honour goes to Xi Jinping with the runner up being a fella going by the name of Putin. Not that people should have any doubts, but if they do, people only need to check Amnesty International's website which is much more informative than people making decisions based on face book posts and western left wing news media.

im affraid this kind of post shows a complete lack of understanding about current human rights and world geopolitics. Trump may be a fool and is no doubt an unstable and dangerous man but in no way shape or form can he be, or should he be described as the most dangerous man in the world right now.

That honour goes to Xi Jinping with the runner up being a fella going by the name of Putin. Not that people should have any doubts, but if they do, people only need to check Amnesty International's website which is much more informative than people making decisions based on face book posts and western left wing news media.

He's the most dangerous man in the world because he is enabling those you have just listed.

He's the most dangerous man in the world because he is enabling those you have just listed.
Please explain how Trump is enabling China's agressive expansionist foreign policies and how he is enabling Xi to come down so heavy on internal decent with widespread internment without trial.

These statistics that show that the rate of infection is increasing rapidly really are unreliable. I don't mean you @Healdplace, but the original source. Healdplace, I for one and like many others on here, am very grateful for and really appreciate your valuable contributions!

I appreciate and respect that the number is increasing but that is primarily because we are doing more tests on more people. If we'd been doing 400,000 tests a day back in March/April, I'm certain the numbers would either be the same as or greater than what we are seeing today.

The only figure that should matter is the positive cases as a % of the number of tests done. In these circumstance that is the only measure we can rely on, and even that would be dubious. That is the primary relationship we should be looking at, the we can relate that % figure to the total population both historically and for the present - that will give us the best comparison that we should be talking about.

Whilst the "headcount" is mildly interesting and a bit informative it is NOT the figure the Government should be developing policy on.... it is absolutely futile!!!

Bloody hell what a year! Who would have thought at Christmas! Leeds promoted but we can’t go, English prime minister has it, American president has it and we have had 6 crazy months.

Bloody hell what a year! Who would have thought at Christmas! Leeds promoted but we can’t go, English prime minister has it, American president has it and we have had 6 crazy months.

and a top draw in the champions league with great cities to watch the blues but we can’t go !!

this bloody vaccine can’t come soon enough !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.