Headed to Scotland

Over the years I’ve travelled the length and breadth of Scotland the Lowlands, the Highlands and the Islands. Lots of walking, climbing and driving!
Lovely country and I am at present enjoying the recording from last night of Secrets of Scotland with Susan Calman. Yesterday’s offering had the Falkirk Wheel, rotating boat lift, a visit to Bass Rock plus making gin on the beach opposite the island Robert Louis Stephenson used as inspiration for Treasure Island. A real treat. :-)

Over the years I’ve travelled the length and breadth of Scotland the Lowlands, the Highlands and the Islands. Lots of walking, climbing and driving!
Lovely country and I am at present enjoying the recording from last night of Secrets of Scotland with Susan Calman. Yesterday’s offering had the Falkirk Wheel, rotating boat lift, a visit to Bass Rock plus making gin on the beach opposite the island Robert Louis Stephenson used as inspiration for Treasure Island. A real treat. :-)

Took a boat trip out to Bass Rock last year. Amazing place. I also canoed out to Fidra. Beautiful place.

Dipped the toes when grafting Rosyth and Faslane with rare mention to Walkabout in Glasgow's fair City. A few skirmishes in between but nothing to write home about, with everything closed for oversea-semesters we shall make haste, onward and upwards toward kith and kin. Absorbed by the thread with the West coast looking nothing short of enchanting. We may commence the dance @Dumfrees early October pegging up toward Fort William or Skye. Not a great distance driver as I get bored staring at open highways, so a completion in smaller trochees looking to camaraderie en-route. Maybe I should just grit ma teeth, clench ma arse and head north in one unholy trek being cottage based for the week. It needs work and fine tuning, but early October should avoid The Winterfell bringing us both back home to safer climbs.

“When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives”

Last edited:
Was at Seton Sands for a few days this week, had a curry from Grace of India at Aberlady bloody amazing, nice day at Gullane Beach, this pic is Seton Sands beach at 7-30 pm on Wednesday.C5E68239-8B03-465D-A5F8-70CC0D0607AE.jpeg

Just back from the Highlands. First time I’d ever been there and was fortunate enough to have really good weather. Planning to return in the Spring. Do you know if it’s worth travelling over to Lewis (we only got as far as Skye this time), and from a walking perspective, any idea how easy/difficult it is to walk/climb up Beinn Alligin (just the first part as far as Tom Na Gruagaich)?

We were going to go to Lanark last week. The hotel cancelled the booking because we had an Oldham postcode. Not sure if it was Covid related

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.