How do you assess our transfer business?

There'll be a few more teams challenging for the title this season, it'll be harder to get into the top four. So we can't afford to drop too many points

We've still got 10 days left to do business with EFL clubs.. both incomings and outgoings

Are there any promising young left backs in the championship, or a decent striker who would be happy to play the odd game if Sergio or Jesus weren't available?

We've still got 10 days left to do business with EFL clubs.. both incomings and outgoings

Are there any promising young left backs in the championship, or a decent striker who would be happy to play the odd game if Sergio or Jesus weren't available?

The fact that Fulham's Joe Bryan was a pretty much unanimous choice for best leftback in the Championship last season suggests there's no one who would be at our level. Rico Henry at Brentford and Ryan Manning at QPR both had good seasons but I don't think either would be able to make the step up.

Up top, Mitrović and Watkins were comfortably the best two forwards (if we're counting Benrahma as a midfielder).

The fact that Fulham's Joe Bryan was a pretty much unanimous choice for best leftback in the Championship last season suggests there's no one who would be at our level. Rico Henry at Brentford and Ryan Manning at QPR both had good seasons but I don't think either would be able to make the step up.

Up top, Mitrović and Watkins were comfortably the best two forwards (if we're counting Benrahma as a midfielder).

Cheers Pal. I bow to your superior knowledge. You clearly know a lot more about the EFL than I do

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.
Hard to disagree with much of that though ‘disease’ is rather strong.

If we cannot get new, then I certainly expect to see improvements in certain players now, and on a consistent basis rather than every now and then: Gundogan, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Mahrez, Mendy, and Stones. It is up to these players now but also the management to wring more out of them this season.

Just cannot see us solving all of the issues in one window next summer, so think we’ll be in a ‘state of transition’ for a while.

I think we're probably at a B- grade overall. The signings we made were sensible if unspectacular, although they didn't fully address the weaknesses in the squad. Given the uncertainty over Pep's future (and possibly even Txiki's), I can see the logic in perhaps holding back on some signings.

We'll see how we look over the next 2-3 months. I would expect a decision from Pep one way or the other by January, and then we can start planning for the next phase. Agûero and Fernandinho will need to be replaced no matter who is in the dugout next August. It just depends what kind of players we replace them with.

Poor.

I take it you’ve not heard of the 17 + 4 squad rules. . FFP , covid, no fans things
Or remember our worst summer window Cook oversaw ?

Dias, Ake, and Torres are all fine players.

It was absolutely criminal not to bring in a LB.

The window seemed to lose steam once the Messi saga kicked up.

We needed 1 or 2 more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.