How do you assess our transfer business?

Think I gave us a 4 out of 10 a couple of weeks back. Bringing in Dias bumps that up to a 7 for me, although he may become very important to us and we look back at this window as the one we brought in our new leader.

I think many of us see the need to a left back and striker. I understand fully why the club hasn't gone for these now, left back we probably need to shift someone on and striker will be a complicated one to do, plus covid-19 makes everything uncertain so postponing is probably good business sense, but it doesn't exactly smack of a burning desire to win back our title. But add in the fact we don't know who will be the manager next season and it probably was a case of wait and see. What we have is good enough to be close, the rest is down to the players and coaches to instill the belief and desire.

The way we work we plan to bring in players well in advance usually. Therefore I fully expect plans are underway to target said striker and left back next year. Something feels right about Martinez rocking up at the Etihad.

For me it was an 8/10. The proof of the pudding will be seen by the end of November when we will have played well over a dozen matches.

One thing for sure is that we need to sign a traditional centre forward when the January window opens.

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.

Wow what a stupid arrogant entitled load of rubbish

40 million is a good 20 to 30 million less than we got quoted a while back a player who it seems can play left back and CDM which we did not expect when we thought we where looking for a left CB

People have been very positive about Ferran last game and he is a star for the younger Spanish teams and very highly rated no idea what you mean by has to run and beat his man

I agree left back and Mendy is an issue but he looks to be improving physically Also think Ake and Cancelo will be better at left back this year

Why will we need 2 strikers next year ?

Stumbled across Dias ?

Jesus regularly injured ?

I know everyone things Augero is always injured but has that not actually improved recently even though he has got older ?

Delap could have developed in a years time we could have Messi on free by then also plus Augero could extend for another year

So you want us to end up with too many players and have people take even more of a piss when we try and sell?

Two midfielders short ? Three by next summer are you sure ? How do you work that out ?

Poor.

Nathan Ake - Decent player, nothing more, nothing less, he is dependable without being spectacular and never going to be a top class defender, but a reliable one.....£41m is a lot of bloody money to pay for someone to be a substitute each week.

Ferran Torres - Needs to wake the fuck up and realise that when passes are played to him, he has to run occassionally to get them, also he is allowed to beat a player before putting a cross in and occassionally going for a shot, early days, but he is what we paid for.......£20m represents a Squad player standard......not good enough currently to remove Mahrez or Sterling from automatic starting spots

Reuben Dias - Solid and after watching his debut game, looks a special player, we might actually have stumbled upon a solid and top class CB pairing with him and Aymeric Laporte, if both can stay fit then we have the basis on which to build, and with Ake backing them up, CB is no longer looking like a position of need to address.

Midfielders - None incoming, so still IMHO 2 short of what we needed, will be 3 by the time this season ends and Fernandinho goes back home to Brazil as he said he wants to the other day.....and I am sure the club would have been aware of his intentions long before Sky Sports!!....good to see Txiki busy at work addressing that vital area of importance, you know the one that wins and loses games.

Striker - None in, next season we will need 2 of these as well as 3 midfielders.......going to be a busy summer 9 months from now :).......Aguero going this summer, Aguero and Jesus regularly getting injured and no suitable replacement to them to play that role, which has cost us already to the tune of 5 points in just 3 games, how many more will it cost us this season the ineptitude of my friend Txiki?

Left Back - No backup to Mendy still and what we saw vs Leeds is what we will get regularly from him, he has no defensive clue, decent going forward, good cross, can't pass, can't tackle and has no positional sense or awareness, and we have no alternative other than playing players out of position.

All in all I would say it was poor this Transfer window for City.......huge gaps still exist and some of these have been in existance for 3 years already and our wonderful DOF continues to dazzle all with his ability in the negotiations for improving playing staff.

Please HRH, just get that disease removed from the club and get Garry Cook back, at least with him we had a plan, bought players we needed and addressed issues before they existed, we got players IN first before moving those they came to replace, this idiot lets players leave first and then goes to replace them, hence all other clubs know we are desperate and hold us to ransom then.
Ake is a lot better than decent and he will surprise a lot of people. The only issue is, is that he’s left footed like Laporte. I think with Stones, and Diaz were sorted at centre back for a long time.

GK and full back positions are sorted, would have preferred another left footed dedicated left back.

Needed a left footed left winger IMO.

I’d have moved Mahrez on.

Want to see Braaf promoted and playing.

We’re a striker light, should have took Wilson from Bournemouth too.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.