Return of Supporters

some u-turns coming up from government soon, the penny has finally dropped now and money really is going to run out.
make way for the herd emunity attitude and protect the vulnerable while the rest go back to some sort of normality.

where footy stands in this I don't know. But I will go first chance I get, footy tv is horrendous and I wont watch many games until we are back in stadiums.

Herd immunity is the way forward. Scientists saying let it go back to normality, but the vulnerable should protect themselves. To be honest I am in that category and I observe (or try to ) as much as humanly possible. Everybody knows about this thing now. Let the crowds back, those that want to help themselves can wear masks those that don't give a monkeys can get ill as far as I am concerned. I think Sweden didn't have a lockdown at all.

What's Sweden's population, though? 9 million? It's about three and a half times the size of Britain too.

Whilst Coronavirus remains a significant threat to people's health then we have to change the ways we do things.

With an R rate of over 500 cases per 100,000. In Manchester I doubt very much that even Manchester City Council would allow crowds back into the Etithad Stadium. They would know that many of the fans once in the stands would remove their masks.

In countries where they have allowed fans back into their stadiums, you can see that all the fans are wearing their masks. Which IMO most fans in this country would wear their masks, but a small minority would simply refuse to wear one. If they are asked to leave they would cause an argument. By doing this they would spoil it for those fans that are sitting in that particular block.

I don't live in Manchester so I'd forgotten how high the R rate was up there. Come on, Mancunians. You're a tough and resilient bunch. Follow the rules and make life better for all!

I can see a minority being let in but 50,0000 is a thing of the past for years IMO

Won't happen until there's a vaccine.

It needs to be as easy to get a covid jab as it is to get a flu jab. There should be no difference.

Once we vaccinate the population we will be fine until the next strain.

They dont use the 'R' number over here in the US, so i have no clue how vulnerable we are/arent here in Georgia.

However, they opened up College Football again this last weekend (its huge down here in the South) and allowed 20K into the USG game, they have a 92,746-seat stadium (only the 10th largest stadium in the NCAA, can you believe and its full every game in normal times!) i am waiting to see how these latest supporter experiments go to see if the herd mentality actually stacks up.

I think zero communication from the club on this for some time tells you everything. There Won’t be fans at football this side of Christmas and there won’t be full capacity until we have a vaccine rolled out or the virus fucks off which it doesn’t seem like doing. That won’t be until season 21/22 at the earliest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.