Return of Supporters

They dont use the 'R' number over here in the US, so i have no clue how vulnerable we are/arent here in Georgia.

However, they opened up College Football again this last weekend (its huge down here in the South) and allowed 20K into the USG game, they have a 92,746-seat stadium (only the 10th largest stadium in the NCAA, can you believe and its full every game in normal times!) i am waiting to see how these latest supporter experiments go to see if the herd mentality actually stacks up.
You don't need to worry Flue's a lot worse according to Trumpton.

Covid19 is temporary. Perhaps some smaller clubs will not survive but this isn't the High St vs the Internet.

If anything football will get even more popular as people realise the value of communal activity and leisure.
It may get more popular, but when and if things return to normality a vast majority of the population will be considerably poorer and funds low.

Football will have to have a reality check.

As you said post war football was booming but admission prices were incredibly low, maybe high time the clubs reduce ticket prices considerably.

You don't need to worry Flue's a lot worse according to Trumpton.
for children and many it is.

This is part of the problem of Covid19 because many are asymptomatic. For example, the ONS survey found, "86.1% of people between April and June had none of the main symptoms of coronavirus". Some people though, particularly the elderly, experience a very serious infection.

The problem we have now is that those who have a low risk profile are tired and less likely to cooperate.

Herd immunity is the way forward. Scientists saying let it go back to normality, but the vulnerable should protect themselves. To be honest I am in that category and I observe (or try to ) as much as humanly possible. Everybody knows about this thing now. Let the crowds back, those that want to help themselves can wear masks those that don't give a monkeys can get ill as far as I am concerned. I think Sweden didn't have a lockdown at all.
Those particular scientists, at least one of them for sure, always held the view that lockdowns should focus on the vulnerable. There is no scientific consensus. The scientists who have signed that declaration represent one particular point of view. They believe that you can have an epidemic and protect the elderly and at risk at the same time.

In my opinion that approach has been negated by vaccine development. It would be strange to advocate that strategy when we are close to distributing a vaccine to the elderly (they will get it first along with healthcare workers).

It may get more popular, but when and if things return to normality a vast majority of the population will be considerably poorer and funds low.

Football will have to have a reality check.

As you said post war football was booming but admission prices were incredibly low, maybe high time the clubs reduce ticket prices considerably.

Bit different though in so far as once the war was over people were perfectly safe to go to football. The way some people will be mentally effected by the constant scare tactics regarding this they won’t ever want to be in a large crowd again. This isn’t just going to suddenly disappear or a vaccine arrive and eradicate it, look at the flu ffs. Sooner or later we’ll have to live with it and crack on but there is no sign of that happening for ages either.

Keeper, it would be impossible for clubs to reduce prices. If they did this they would also have to reduce the price of the season tickets. Once a club did this, they would with more than likely fail FFP.

For the club to reduce the cost of both match tickets and season tickets. It would also require the players to except lower wages. That is one thing that will not happen. As long as clubs want to pay high wages to attract the best players. There I no way clubs can reduce wages of players in their squad.

Keeper, it would be impossible for clubs to reduce prices. If they did this they would also have to reduce the price of the season tickets. Once a club did this, they would with more than likely fail FFP.

For the club to reduce the cost of both match tickets and season tickets. It would also require the players to except lower wages. That is one thing that will not happen. As long as clubs want to pay high wages to attract the best players. There I no way clubs can reduce wages of players in their squad.

Is that correct? I always understood ticket revenue now was low in comparison to television and sponsorship. Seasoncards are not affordable to average working class people in the North West.

Even as a single man with a reasonable job, I was struggling to afford it.

I'm no expert but I would have thought that a modest reduction in player/coaching staff wages would be enough to allow for a reasonable reduction in seasoncard prices. Unlikely to happen though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.