COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our test, trace and quarantine systems are a shambles and there isn't anything anyone can do to improve it as there is no cost benefit to doing better (Pillar 1 or Pillar 2) and Mobile phone triangulation is not used like in the Far East.
Fighting the virus with your hands tied behind your back is what I call it.
It’s not an easy job but there are community groups in Africa who are doing a better job of track and trace. Even the Coordinator of one of the community gardening groups I go to phoned round to let peole know that a member of the group had tested positive, even though the risk was low with it being outdoors and I wouldn’t have been within 2 metres of the person with the virus for 15 minutes. I’m not mixing with anybody else for 10 days as a precaution though.

The decision was taken to spend multi-£billions on management consultants to lead centralised track and trace here and the results aren’t a surprise.

What the bloody he'll is going on in Stockport over 250 cases in 2 days. Does no one wear a mask, stay 2M away from each other? A couple of months ago we were recording single numbers each day. FFS do what you are supposed to do or see your job or job prospects disappear. The kids have no chance of finding work and the rest of us will be paying for it for the next 20 years.

Today has been a lucky day for Boris and a bad day for Greater Manchester. The numbers up to as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago.

Two successive significant rises after a week or more of falls just as Andy Burnham is using the falling data to argue his case.

He has no real argument today sadly.

Maybe the lighthouse lab mislabelled Scotland as Manchester?

Obviously a coincidence - no more - but this will have killed any leeway Andy Burnham had.

So no surprise he had a 'constructive' talk today because Tier 3 is inescapable I suspect.

What the bloody he'll is going on in Stockport over 250 cases in 2 days. Does no one wear a mask, stay 2M away from each other? A couple of months ago we were recording single numbers each day. FFS do what you are supposed to do or see your job or job prospects disappear. The kids have no chance of finding work and the rest of us will be paying for it for the next 20 years.
A couple of months ago there weren't 53,000 Stopfordian school pupils mixing with one another

Today has been a lucky day for Boris and a bad day for Greater Manchester. The numbers up to as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago.

Two successive significant rises after a week or more of falls just as Andy Burnham is using the falling data to argue his case.

He has no real argument today sadly.

Maybe the lighthouse lab mislabelled Scotland as Manchester?

Obviously a coincidence - no more - but this will have killed any leeway Andy Burnham had.

So no surprise he had a 'constructive' talk today because Tier 3 is now certain.
The MUEN have survey results showing over half of Mancunians favour tighter restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.