West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Write about this performance in the post match thread, and if you want the manager fired, have the fucking conviction to start a thread about it.

Why is it the Pep Out crew are so happy to tell us they want Pep gone in the match day threads where their comments get buried among all the others talking about the game, and the thread falls off the front page after a day or 2, but won't start a proper thread about it?

Fuck me, now you're the thread Police.
If you care so much why don't you start one.

14mins,before I knew he was on the field, when I heard his name then hardly fk all till he tried to take his man on,on the outside were the ball already nearly touching the fking line,
Should off been a simple easy cross,
The poster who said someone at lcfc said talented but thick as fk, well he wasn't a wum..

Sterling will never be WC,a very good player.thats it,
I have never been confident when he on 1v1,to much time to think what to do,today piss poor..

I always think it’s an extremely weird take to seemingly criticise someone for not being world class, especially when the only world class player we have is KDB.

To think, we could easily have lost to both Wolves and Leeds in the end also?

Even Arsenal was unconvincing.

The margins of our comfort have completely regressed.

It could be worse, our recruitment team would have us now stuck with Sanchez, Jorginho and Maguire...

Think about that when we digest that the people at the top always know what they are going.

I just can’t get my head around how much Pep is getting wrong and how little he is getting right at the moment. He’s suddenly become a bad manager it’s been sudden but he is at this moment in time a bad manager. Since Lyon he has been dreadful.

He isn't a bad manager at tactics, but team selection and substitutions. His favoritism towards Sterling, Gundogan and Mahrez over other players pushing for places is his problem.

It’s naivety, I’d hazard a guess you’re only a Pup..:

the consensus is the game across the board has changed for everyone, defensive ineptitude throughout the whole league, goals galore and the pressure cooker of no fan bases...

I’ll give you an analogy you may comprehend, a guy is playing 5 aside with his mates, he consistently megs his best mate Delroy for the first few weeks of the get together, by week 5, Delroy is closing his legs.... do we understand??

football evolves and with it so do styles that once make you the beloved of all who has the pleasure to watch, Pep, if he is this innovator and generational great, will respond, if not, it’s been the best football I’ve ever seen and it’s been played by my team...

here endeth the lesson

Well said, Bud.

Pep has given us the best football this club has ever played and the best team it has ever had. Now Pep's style may not be everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. Personally, I love an awful lot about it. Like Pep, I want the game played away from our goal. I want my team to have 70% plus possession game after game.

Sadly, City's football is not as effective or as exciting as it was. Partly that's down to changes within the squad, partly restrictions Pep puts on his players but also because our opponents have adapted. The biggest issue is the parade of teams that stuff loads of men behind the ball and deny City space to play. City have exacerbated the problem by being too susceptible to conceding goals on the break and frankly just not defending well enough in general. I think Dias and Ake will help us defend better but we currently have Ake and Laporte out injured.

Torres will give us more threat on the counter, when we get chance to use, but we have to start scoring first far more often.

You are absolutely right that Pep will have to adapt. He has to transition this team into a new version that maintains the general approach that he and the club want - that's why they signed him - but that is changed enough to solve our current conundrums. For me, that will still have to involve some different personnel but something like a fully fit squad and some time on the training pitch would help. This constant stream of games will mean that Pep will only be able to evolve things slowly and we need to be patient and give him some time to do it.

look at that sucessfull tackle stat! thats what you get with rodri and gundogan - gundogan reminds me of Neil Mcnab -they used to call him "the crab" when i was a kid stood onthe kippax as he always went sideways - cant think of an animal that always goes backwards but if there is one its Gundogan

He's like Gerrard compared to Rodri tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.