West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Against any other team in the league, the Wham goal is ruled out for "andball" and we grind out a gutsy 1.0 win

Not surprised at all that KDB Did nothing when he came on. He has had an issue all season and we rushed him back today. Not a great way to treat our best player.
Leave him on the bench then. Torres on for Mahrez and switch Sterling to the right. Another 20 minutes of Foden at the heart of things in the middle and I am sure the second was coming.

Get our defence sorted then struggle to score and create YCNMIU
I was a little shocked when I looked at the league table a few minutes ago. Ok 8 points from 5 games is pretty shit bit a goal difference of zero is pitiful. We are Manchester City ffs, score some fecking goals.

The lack of attacking threat is a concern, it’s no secret that teams that stand off us when our defenders have the ball and get everyone behind the ball are difficult to break down. We look devoid of ideas, we incessantly bring the ball inside from the wide men and run into a shitload of traffic. At least Cancelo on a couple of occasions went outside their defender and gave them something else to consider.

We have a number of issues looking at that team today, the lack of a genuine striker seems the most obvious now Sergio seems to have picked up another niggle. A natural striker wins us that game today with the Sterling chance at the end.

However, all teams will endure their fair share of problems this year so despite having dropped too many points by our own standards so far this season, this may be a recurring theme across all teams this year. We certainly improved second half with the introduction of Foden, we do look less chaotic at the back and hopefully our depth of quality in the squad will be a vital factor as the season progresses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.