COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense in Warrington.

Given the bad rising numbers there over past day or two (which I noted last night in here) they have wisely decided not to wait until Thursday for Tier 3 and go in their at midnight today.

An interesting article. But quite worrying

"Some people won't be tested because they are too busy, some don't believe in it and think it's a government conspiracy, some people won't test because if they turn out to be positive they don't want to self-isolate because of financial worries," says Ishaq Shafiq, who runs community testing for Bradford's Covid Response Hub. "Some people are scared to do the test, some don't speak the language and some women won't do it without their husband's permission. Around 50% in some areas refuse to be tested. There is huge, huge mistrust in national and local government."

Does anyone know the situation if you are flying into the country? I want to visit family but I beleive that entails 14 days isolation when I am there, if I got a test the day before flying would that have any bearings on the restrictions?
Not currently.

An interesting article. But quite worrying

"Some people won't be tested because they are too busy, some don't believe in it and think it's a government conspiracy, some people won't test because if they turn out to be positive they don't want to self-isolate because of financial worries," says Ishaq Shafiq, who runs community testing for Bradford's Covid Response Hub. "Some people are scared to do the test, some don't speak the language and some women won't do it without their husband's permission. Around 50% in some areas refuse to be tested. There is huge, huge mistrust in national and local government."
Worrying indeed.

Does anyone know the situation if you are flying into the country? I want to visit family but I beleive that entails 14 days isolation when I am there, if I got a test the day before flying would that have any bearings on the restrictions?
If the country you have been in for the last 14 days isn't on the UK travel corridor list, then you will have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.