Bartomeu gone

During the Messi shenanigans in the summer there was a lot of noise that Bartomeu would be liable for the debts incurred on his watch. If so, and with Barca being in the shit, it seems odd he would leave before having the opportunity to at least mitigate some of those losses in the January window.

During the Messi shenanigans in the summer there was a lot of noise that Bartomeu would be liable for the debts incurred on his watch. If so, and with Barca being in the shit, it seems odd he would leave before having the opportunity to at least mitigate some of those losses in the January window.
They must have done some sort of deal as there's no way a lawyer is leaving himself liable to that. I can't believe the 6 year old petulant child act though.

Well, presumably this is the basis for the 'deal' he agreed on with the European Super League and a side deal with Goldman Sachs for assuming the debt - both of which would need to first be ratified by the socis (Unlikely on either count). Then it would fall on Bartomeu & his board and of course they will look to defend themselves if faced with likely litigation

As I mentioned before, this is just the beginning - club members kicked the trash out, now it's time to clean up the mess left behind

Tebas and our interests are aligned on this. A breakaway league is for the heavily indebted clubs. Without it they are in a mess but with it Tebas is out of a top job.

Interesting that bartomeu says that he agreed for Barca to join a euro super league in order to save its financial future

There in the shit

That comment was pure theatre - the league wont exist in any real form so you cant sign an agreement with it. You can agree to a proposal and that is more like it but we saw how that went with the Rags / Dippers the other day.

Well, presumably this is the basis for the 'deal' he agreed on with the European Super League and a side deal with Goldman Sachs for assuming the debt - both of which would need to first be ratified by the socis (Unlikely on either count). Then it would fall on Bartomeu & his board and of course they will look to defend themselves if faced with likely litigation

As I mentioned before, this is just the beginning - club members kicked the trash out, now it's time to clean up the mess left behind

Not sure why any director that doesn't have full control / ownership would ever personally guarantee a debt. In financial terms it just would not happen (I have experiance of financing top flight football). Why put yourself on the block for a club where the fans can vote you out, the debt would still stand. Never going to happen. Again I think he may like to float these ideas but its total BS.

I think Messi did have a serious flirt with the idea of leaving and who could blame him but now he has demonstrated his incredible influence at the club I absolutely think he will stay

Not sure why any director that doesn't have full control / ownership would ever personally guarantee a debt. In financial terms it just would not happen (I have experiance of financing top flight football). Why put yourself on the block for a club where the fans can vote you out, the debt would still stand. Never going to happen. Again I think he may like to float these ideas but its total BS.
Because the President & his board are responsible for decisions of club during their mandate, that include ensuring they are fiscally responsible (Obviously, they have not been) - even once they leave/resign, they remain on the hook for decisions they take that are not approved. Any board can negotiate a deal, including debt restructuring, but ultimately it would need to be approved by the socis.

I agree it's BS but had Bartomeu stayed to attend the assembly and plead his case that the restructuring of the debt with say Goldman Sachs or Super League, he'd have a platform to do so. Now, he won't get to be able to spin his BS. Moreover, in the interim of new elections, the current President will be Carles Tusquets along with a management committee will ensure continuity until new board.

Tusquets has a PhD in economics with 40 years in financial sector - I suspect he will assess the current damage along with the committee and provide a report ahead of the election. Dust will need to clear so there is an accurate picture, a lot of misinformation will exist in the meantime

Because the President & his board are responsible for decisions of club during their mandate, that include ensuring they are fiscally responsible (Obviously, they have not been) - even once they leave/resign, they remain on the hook for decisions they take that are not approved. Any board can negotiate a deal, including debt restructuring, but ultimately it would need to be approved by the socis.

I agree it's BS but had Bartomeu stayed to attend the assembly and plead his case that the restructuring of the debt with say Goldman Sachs or Super League, he'd have a platform to do so. Now, he won't get to be able to spin his BS. Moreover, in the interim of new elections, the current President will be Carles Tusquets along with a management committee will ensure continuity until new board.

Tusquets has a PhD in economics with 40 years in financial sector - I suspect he will assess the current damage along with the committee and provide a report ahead of the election. Dust will need to clear so there is an accurate picture, a lot of misinformation will exist in the meantime
Responsible in a management sense yes but not technically liable for a debt. There is a massive difference. The classic example is Chelsea and the loans backed by Roman Abramovich, he backs the loans as has full and total control - it is bassically an alternative to him putting the cash in directly. Either way it is his club and his money to lose. If the fans were able to vote him out with that debt still in place it would be a non starter.

for me messi is finished as a player ? city dodged a bullet and paying the so called reported figures over 3 season was daft and not good business for manchester city. messi WAS a great player but we was not going to get the young and hungry messi was we ? we was getting a old and wants for nothing messi

messi will now stay at barcelona and will be rolled out to sell shirts and any old tat the fans will buy every season
am all for wants good for manchester city. but selling our soul in hope messi shines one last time was a gamble not worth taking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.